Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

• Submitted: Thu, November 04, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 04, 2004

• Reported By:Largo Florida
Orbit Telecom
8201 PetersRd, Suite 1000 Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom surprise voicemail activation fee Plantation Florida

Just received my October phone bill which was a little higher than I expected. Due to a $12.95 fee + $2.39 in taxes from this company for activating voice mail that I did not order.

Called them and was told I had visited a web-site and ordered it. When I said I did not do that intentionally and wanted to cancel and have a credit, customer support asked for my phone number and address, gave me my birthdate and mother's maiden name - which they had incorrect! When I disputed this, they became loud and abusive. Told them I would be happy to contact the Florida Attorney General's office about this but I was not going to pay. They said they would issue a credit.

I asked to speak to a supervisor to make sure they understood my intent and to complain about their customer service person shouting down the phone at me. Supervisor laughed at that and said the credit would be here within 1 to 2 billing cycles. If it is not, then the AG will be notified.

Look out and read your bills. How many people just pay without checking?

John
Largo, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2004 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-Telecom-surprise-voicemail-activation-fee-Plantation-Florida-116133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom