Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

Orbit Telecom
Nationwide U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom billed me for unordered and unrecieved services Nationwide

*Author of original report: Re Orbit Telecom

*UPDATE Employee: please contact us for assistance

*Author of original report: orbit telecom

I just recieved my phone bill from AT&T and found a $14.95 charge for voicemail from Orbit telecom. I have never heard of this company before, and do not have or want voicemail.
When I called the company to inquire as to why I am being billed they gave me my daughters name and asked her relation to me. Then they told me that on 08/30/07 she requested this service on line, and said she was authorized to do so! My daughter is an intelligent, honest 26 year old and does not even live at this number, she had no reason to want voice mail at it. Her cell phone comes with voice mail and she has no land line. When I called her she had also never heard of the company, and wants to know what she filled out. Are these people hackers, or is there order form miniscule print in some on line survey?
I demanded cancellation of the service, which was done immediatley, then was informed it could take several billing cycles to quit being billed and get my refund processed! I informed the company representative that it had better not take that long as I was not letting them keep my money interest free indefinatley.

Jennie
calhoun, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2007 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/nationwide/Orbit-Telecom-billed-me-for-unordered-and-unrecieved-services-Nationwide-284832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom

AUTHOR: Jennie - (U.S.A.)

According to my daughter, the only thing she had filled out on my computer or using my home phone as a contact number for, was an application for Direct TV. I don't know if there was fine print, if these two companys are affiliated or what, but she was certainly unaware that she was requesting services from Orbit Telecom.

My most recent phone bill did show that the entire amount that had been billed for Orbit was refunded, so while I still question their methods of gaining new customers, I can't complain that they don't make things right again.

AUTHOR: Jennie - (U.S.A.)

please contact us for assistance

AUTHOR: Virginia - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,
Unfortunately the information you have provided is not sufficient for us to assist you.
Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-263-0206 and we will be happy to assist you.
We are open 24/7.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding and look forward to helping you resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
Regards,
Virginia,
Director Of Customer Service
OrbitTelecom

orbit telecom

AUTHOR: Jennie - (U.S.A.)

I just spoke with my daughter again, she said that was when she was atempting to sign up on line for Direct TV, and the computer would not accept her information, she kept having to re enter it, and finaly got frustrated and quit.