Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

• Submitted: Sun, November 14, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, November 14, 2004

• Reported By:Brick New Jersey
Orbit Telecom
8201 Peters Road., Ste 100, Plantation, Florida,33021 Nationwide U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom ripoff fraudulent billing, invasion of my personal information Plantation, Florida

I was very glad today after dealing with my problem with Orbit Telecom to know that I was not the only one. This happened to me back in August, filling out a survey for which I thought it was for a company that I have done business with and respect,(Bed,Bath and Beyond.)I can honestly say I trusted the survey because of the company who I believed would want to know of any information to help themselves.

The survey was not completely filled out after trying for quite some time. I would get through one section and then submit and that wouldn't work. I finally thought I gave up. Received my Verizon bill and noticed a charge on my bill on half the page.

I called the 800-460-0078 number, didn't sound very professional at all. I did comment to one of my friends that it sounded like the business was in the kitchen. The lady had said that I had signed up for this service and the reason she knew I was interested was she knew my mothers maiden name. That was it for me. She again used that as some kind of tactic.

I told her I was reporting this information to everyone. She said she would refund my charge. I then realized there were charges for at least 3 months that I was not aware of. After a lot of talking she agreed to cancel my whatever it was for the voice mail with Orbit. I have contacted a few companies and feel so violated from this. I feel for anyone who goes through a scam like this, take some kind of action to let others be aware. If anything make someone think first about what is out there. Have a Great Day! (I will let you know about my refund.)

Megan
Hackensack, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2004 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/nationwide/Orbit-Telecom-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-invasion-of-my-personal-information-Plantation-F-117763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom