Complaint Review: Orbitz Online Travel

• Submitted: Tue, April 27, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 28, 2010

• Reported By: Tom H — Charleston West Virginia United States of America
Orbitz Online Travel

Orbitz Online Travel BUYER BEWARE!!!!! "ORBITZ UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD USE" Chicago, Illinois Internet

*Author of original report: No Thanks

*UPDATE Employee: Orbitz Wants to help

DO NOT TRUST ORBITZ WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!!!    I purchased a round trip airline ticket to San Antonio TX from Charleston WV by using Orbitz online.  They are a large and well known company and I figured there would be no problem.  I could not have been more wrong.  I gave them my credit card information.  On the very next credit card statement there were nine (9) charges for airline tickets all over the world!!!!!!.... mainly the Middle East. (I am not Middle Eastern nor do I personally know anyone who is) They (or someone they shared my credit card info with) completely tapped a $10,000.00 credit limit and tried to do more before they were stopped my the credit card company. Thank God it wasn't my debit card.  When I called Orbitz they said "oh you will have to call the airlines direct"... "we didn't run those charges through... the airline did".   I had to have the credit card cancelled and filed a dispute.  Then I did a litlle research and discovered this happens all the time.  There are hundreds of complaints out there on the web and it sounds like the same routine all the time.  ****BEWARE***** Think long and hard before sharing your credit card information with ORBITZ.   You could be very sorry you did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz-Online-Travel/internet/Orbitz-Online-Travel-BUYER-BEWARE-ORBITZ-UNAUTHORIZED-CREDIT-CARD-USE-Chicago-Il-597352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz Online Travel

No Thanks

AUTHOR: Tom H - (United States of America)

Kristi,

Thank you for your offer to help but I think your help would be better served figuring out a way to secure credit card information at Orbitz.  I attempted to work this out with Orbitz but was quickly told (by a lady with a Middle Eastern accent) that I was going to be responsible for calling the airlines direct... keeping in mind these airlines were in United Arab Emirates & Sri Lanka.  I took that as "go fly a kite".  I had to drop everything I was doing & attempt to fix this problem myself with my bank.  Orbitz was no help and I mean no help with the mess they caused.  From the reviews I saw on the web yesterday... (sadly after I used your company) it looks like you deal with this on a regular basis. I will tell everyone I know not to trust Orbitz with credit card information & I will NEVER use Orbitz again as long as I live.

Tom

Orbitz Wants to help

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

I am contacting you from Orbitz Customer Relations.  If you could e-mail me your Orbitz record locator to customerrelations@Orbitz.com, I would like to assist you.  Orbitz needs to investigate your claim with our fraud department. Please place the e-mail to my attention, and please include your blog and screen name.

Thanks,