expert

Complaint Review: Orbitz/ US air

• Submitted: Sat, April 23, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 25, 2011

• Reported By: airline ripoff — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Orbitz/ US air
website website, Pennsylvania United States of America

Orbitz/ US air charged my credit card after the purchase was denied and I took my business elsewhere website, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: still havent heard about IT report

*UPDATE Employee: Orbitz

On March 28th, I attempted to use Orbitz to book airline tickets for Fla in August. The first time I tried my credit card, it was denied. I tried to use another card and it was denied also. I then exited the website and went to Southwest airlines and purchased tickets on my own without any problem using my original card. To my alarm two days later I saw that Orbitz charged my card anyway and sent a confirmation email. I find it puzzling that I never even saw a confirmation at all. It only had a red message at the top of the screen that said the purchase could not be completed. I also find it suspicious that it took two days for a charge to show when the other purchase was showing up immediately. Orbitz has been very unhelpful. They claim that they can not refund me because it is the airlines rules and they can only give me a credit. I argued that they had no right to charge me when the purchase was not completed. I never made it past the credit screen. It is also suspicious that you have to sign an agreement to their terms before you even enter payment information. They claimed that an IT person looked into it and determined that only the first card was rejected but the second card was approved. I asked to see the IT records showing my attempts but have not heard back yet. I even have a witness that was there when both pruchases were denied. As a matter of fact he was the one who suggested going to a better site. I also have my bank investigating the incident. It just seems to me that Orbitz is trying to wash their hands of any responsibility and is trying to blame the airline for the charges. Now I have a feeling I may have to take even more time off from work to argue with them as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2011 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz-US-air/website-Pennsylvania-/Orbitz-US-air-charged-my-credit-card-after-the-purchase-was-denied-and-I-took-my-busines-721195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz/ US air

still havent heard about IT report

AUTHOR: airline ripoff - (United States of America)

Well, I still haven't heard anything about my request to see a copy of the IT report. What I did get was the same generic email response from orbitz saying they would be happy to help..... aaarrrrggggh! If they are so happy to help than refund me and that would be that.I did dispute the charges with my bank though and I contacted a news station for a consumer report investigation.. We will see what happens.

Orbitz

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

My name is Sarah, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. I saw your comments and would like to see if I can assist. Please email me your Orbitz Record Locator and I will review your account, and respond back to you.  Our email address is customerrelations@orbitz.com.  Please enter my name in the subject line.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,