Complaint Review: Orbitz Worldwide Inc

• Reported By: cd — Sunnyvale California United States of America
Orbitz Worldwide Inc
500 W Madison Suite 1000 Internet United States of America

Orbitz Worldwide Inc No real price assurance, Internet

*Author of original report: still misleading advertising

*Author of original report: information

*UPDATE Employee: need your contact information please

*Author of original report: Contact

*UPDATE Employee: Price Assurance Program

Apparently price assurance is not available on any package vacations.  I booked my vacation with Orbitz less than a month ago and now see that the price of the vacation has dropped by approximately $500.  Orbitz will do nothing to assist with a price adjustment.  When I called them and waited on hold for a total of 20 minutes, they insisted that in fact the price of the vacation had gone up since I booked it.  I pointed out that I was looking at the same vacation online on their site and it in fact was almost $500 less.  Then they explained that there was nothing they could do for me.  I work in the hotel industry and I know that reservations are changed and rebooked all the time.  They are not very customer service oriented.  They should point out that price assurance is only on individually booked items and BUYER BEWARE FOR PACKAGE VACATIONS.  In this economy I would think that some customer appreciation and the fact that you would be willing to spend any money in this economy would get you more than "I am sorry there is nothing I can do, have a nice evening."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz-Worldwide-Inc/internet/Orbitz-Worldwide-Inc-No-real-price-assurance-Internet-577755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz Worldwide Inc

still misleading advertising

AUTHOR: calidenia - (USA)

So, the rep from Orbitz that monitors this site made it look like they were interested in the problem by responding to my report.  We were in contact with each other and of course nothing happened.  The rep told me the very same thing as I had heard before.  Since then I have seen more advertising with vacation packages and the big headline of price assurance on the same page... Still misleading.  I will never use them again no matter how attractive the deal.

information

AUTHOR: calidenia - (United States of America)

BU4DSW is what you requested.

need your contact information please

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

Hello, the Orbitz Record Locator is a secured number that only you will have access to, as we will require additional information if anyone calls regarding your Locator. Thank you, as it seems this is the only way to locate your account.

Contact

AUTHOR: calidenia - (United States of America)

How do you suggest that I provide this to you?

Price Assurance Program

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I work for Orbitz Customer Relations and we would be interested in reviewing this matter with you. If you could please provide your Orbitz Record Locator for this reservation, we will research and get in touch with you.

Orbitz Customer Relations