Complaint Review: Orbitz

• Submitted: Thu, May 08, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
2119 Mendocino Blvd,San Diego, Cal 92107 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 312-894-5000
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Orbitz Missed flight illness insurance no good Chicago, Illinois

I booked a flight with Orbitz and had to cancel it because of illness, a serious reaction to a Pet Scan for my cancer condition. i was flying from Sacramento to Cleveland in order to have surgery, in fact. I did get the back up insurance with them in case i had a reaction to the scan, but apparently didn't read it fully.

After cancelling, I emailed Orbitz customer service and found out that unless I was fully unable to fly for a year, meaning more than a broken leg that would last for a couple of months or so, they would not honor my right to reimbursement, there was no possibility to get any refund. They would honor a reschedule within a year but would charge me full retail and charge me a penalty.

This I just dropped because i was so humiliated, and sick. The flight was originally scheduled for July 07, so I am within the year at this point.

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2008 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz/Chicago-Illinois-60661/Orbitz-Missed-flight-illness-insurance-no-good-Chicago-Illinois-331358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz