Complaint Review: Orbitz

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — los angeles California
Orbitz
chicago, Illinois USA

Orbitz Double Booked by Orbits refusers to refunr 2nd ticket $2098.63 chicago Illinois

I bookde a airticket with orbitz 6-months ago and they denied the transaction was completed. They stated in the Better business Bearu report that I should get a refund and blame it on the airline.

In addition to 5-hours on the phone I have filed the following complaints.

Emirates NY Ref : NYC/X/SC/260613/686131   FAX   +121275834434

Orbitz LocatorAP110101ODJYSA0D BBB Complaint Case # 94450489

Emirates Ticket# 1767172927633-634 BBB Complaint 9546287

CondeNast Travel Magizine– Article to be published on Airline Theft

US Dept of Transportation Case # KC2013050065

FACTS 1/29/2013 I  Booked through Orbitz Computer and internet crashed during transaction prior to completion. I Never received a  confirmation so I called Orbitz and checked my bank no ticket or charges on either. The following day, I booked a 2nd flight again through Orbitz which I flew on the same dates to the same location (Wash. [continued below]....

..... D.C). 1-30-2013 Book airfare ANA air (Debit purchase 1-27-2013 ) $1874.98

Upon reviewing my Bank Statement I Discovered Double Charges as there was actually an initial ticket and contacted Orbitz. Orbitz states my email was wrong, certainly possible – the connection crashed – I also called. Orbitz is exempt from federal laws regarding airline tickets book only with principals or you are risking being double charged with no hope for a refund. Danger do not deal with these chicago mobsters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 04:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz/chicago-Illinois/Orbitz-Double-Booked-by-Orbits-refusers-to-refunr-2nd-ticket-209863-chicago-Illinois-1068971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz