Complaint Review: Orbitz

• Reported By:Southington Connecticut
Orbitz
orbitz.com Internet U.S.A.

Orbitz - Advantage Car Rental Do NOT use to reserve a car Internet

On February 23, 2008, I booked an economy car with Advantage Car rental through Orbitz.com for an August trip to Santa Ana, California. I never received any notice telling me that my reservation was canceled or otherwise, but when we arrived at the airport, we were told there was no longer an Advantage Car rental located there. I called their toll-free number and was told three different things but three different representatives, but the bottom line was that I need to find a new car rental. Mine was gone.

I went to each and every car rental counter and not one had an available vehicle. One recommended Fox Car Rental, which was off-site, but they had a shuttle. The ONLY vehicle they had was a Jeep Patriot at $377 for the week - my original reservation was for $143 for a car model that I'm used to driving. I emailed Orbitz when we got home and was told to call in, they can't help me with this issue via email. I called in and was quickly transfered to a 'manager' whose only mission was to keep repeating that she's sorry, there's nothing they could do, it's not their fault they weren't notified, etc. So please learn from my mistake and NEVER book a car rental through Orbitz.

I will never use them again for anything, but am not suggesting that to everyone, just that you protect yourself and not book automobiles through their site. And NEVER book through Advantage Car rentals since they apparently don't care to notify their renters of cancellations either. I am $244.00 out, not to mention the time and stress of running around an airport trying to find a car at the last minute.

Jacki
Southington, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz/internet/Orbitz-Advantage-Car-Rental-Do-NOT-use-to-reserve-a-car-Internet-366581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz