Complaint Review: Orbitz

Orbitz
Internet USA

Orbitz price Guarantee is bogus Chicago, Il 60661 Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Orbitz

I booked a room in Berlin at Novum Hotel Ravenna for $72.14 (67.41 before taxes and orbit bucks applied. with taxes price was $73.17 for Std. room 2 twin beds o4 1 double. on the Orbitz web site May 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I saw on Orbitz web site the same room for the same dates for total due with taxes $ $69.00

Booking and paid 5/24/14                           Price Orbitz 5/27/14

Room                   $79.31                           Room                $  88.23

Promo Code App.    11.90                           Hot Deal 15%        13.23

Prom Code App.     11.25

Taxes & Fees**        5.76                           Taxes & Fees**        5.25

Total                      72.14                           Total                  $ 69.00

Taxes and fees are also different % Why?????? should this not be the same rate per dollar?

I contacted customer service and was told had to do complaint and price match within 24 hours of booking.  I could not find this on website for hotels.  I sent a formal email and complained and was told they could not match because this is a non refundable rate.  I also could not find this condition listed.  This price was cheaper on their own website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2014 02:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitz/internet/Orbitz-price-Guarantee-is-bogus-Chicago-Il-60661-Internet-1151028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz

Orbitz

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - ()

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want
to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please
email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so
that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,