Complaint Review: Orbitz.com - Econo Lodge Fallon

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Orbitz.com - Econo Lodge Fallon
Orbitz.com Internet U.S.A.

Orbitz.com - Econo Lodge Fallon Overcharging of a room Fallon Internet

I am not really sure which one or both are to be blamed for this, so I posted everything that happened.

I recently took a trip to Fallon, NV and booked my hotel room from Orbitz.com. I normally search for a hotel room via one of those sites to get a good comparison. This time I was charged

Average rate per night: $62.99
Amount charged to your credit card: $147.03

I stayed an extra night there and that extra night was

That is their normal rate any day of the week. When I called Orbitz, they never responded to my email I sent asking why the difference, I was told by Orbitz's operator that they set their prices by what the hotel posts.

So my suggestion for anyone else using these sites, is to not only compare, but call the hotel first and see what their rate is per night.

Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2005 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitzcom-Econo-Lodge-Fallon/internet/Orbitzcom-Econo-Lodge-Fallon-Overcharging-of-a-room-Fallon-Internet-152472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz.com - Econo Lodge Fallon