Complaint Review: Orbitz.com, u.s. Airways Express

• Updated: Wed, December 27, 2006

• Reported By:painesville Ohio
Orbitz.com, u.s. Airways Express
orbitz.com Internet U.S.A.

Orbitz.com, u.s. Airways Express screwing over our military when flts are sch to their leave and leave was changed due to Sgts orders at no fault of my son Ripoff Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: few questions

On Thanksgiving leave my son who is a MARINE was told to make travel arrangements for Christmas leave which was to start Dec 22, 2006 at 8am. We did this on Nov.22, 2006 with Orbitz.com to fly U. S. Airways Express from Jacksonville, N Carolina to Cleveland Ohio $463.00. Well on Sun Nov 25 after 4pm I notified by text my son in a panic his SGT changed leave to Sat Dec 23, 2006 at 8am.
We had to change his flight to the next day which was another $260.00. I called Orbitz and U S airways and explained to them this was not his fault it was the Marines and of course you can't fight them.

Orbitz said it was U S Airways rules and regulations they follow I need to call them. I did and U S Airways said it was Orbitz rules and regulations. Of course it is no ones fault. Itold them my son joined the Marines(he's 19) to protect us and he does not make alot of money. They said they could not change the rules of the airlines. So there are approx. 460 Marines at Camp Geiger that are getting screwed for approx. $260.00 because their SGT changed their date for leave. These guys and gals serving our country and putting their lives on the line for all of our freedoms and look what these companies do to them. Screw them over. I can see if it were me a civilian that did this but this is one of OUR's not just mine. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

Laurie
painesville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2006 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitzcom-us-Airways-Express/internet/Orbitzcom-us-Airways-Express-screwing-over-our-military-when-flts-are-sch-to-their-lea-223025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz.com, u.s. Airways Express

few questions

AUTHOR: Eirean - (U.S.A.)

Hi, was just reading your report and was wondering why the date was changed only by one day. The airlines also have tickets which can be changed and insurance. His SGT can not just say change the date, what is the reason for the change? Did someone else go on leave or was there to many people on leave and he needed to stay behind one day? Your son at least made it home for X-mas which is more then what most military families get. Please reply as soon as possible.