beer

• Submitted: Mon, September 24, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 24, 2007

• Reported By:Peoria Illinois
Orchard Bank Credit Card, HSBC Card Services
orchardbank.com City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

Orchard Bank Credit Card, HSBC Card Services Deceptive practice - lies - left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. City Of Industry California

I received this card in late 1999, use the charge card for some prescription medicines and was paying minimum amount to pay off balance. Fought a losing battle and could not use the card anymore because of going over the available limit because of late charges, interest charges and any other charges they could think of. I was not able to use the card from the year 2000 on. I tried to get help in closing this account, but was unable to do so. I let it go until 2007 when I was fortunate enough to receive a sizeable amount of money and on May 1, 2007, I paid off the amount of $2,171.80, noted on the check in the memo section that bill was paid in full.

In June I received a bill in the amount of $4.90 (the finance charge for the card). I called and complained, and was told that it would be taken care of. I cut up the card and threw it away and told them I had done so. In July I received another bill with another finance charge, and late fees. The bill is now up to $99.00 and is listed on my credit report as delinquent.

I talked with the customer service today, and I was told that if I would pay the $99.00 they would see to it that the acount was closed -- but get this -- according to the lady I talked with, I had been in touch with the collections department when I talked to them in June and July; however, the number I called was the same number I had called today and the reference numbers I had to push to get to the person I had to talk to were the same as I had done before. Now they inform me that because I was talking with collections, they did not have the authority to close the account -- but I was NEVER informed of this at any time until today.

I informed the girl (Vernice) that I was not going to pay the bill of $99.00 and would fight it in court if necessary. I would advise anyone who wants to IMPROVE THEIR CREDIT AND GET OUF OT DEBT, Orchard Bank Credit Card is definitely not the way to do it. Lesson Learned the Hard Way.

Agnes
Peoria, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2007 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-HSBC-Card-Services/City-Of-Industry-California-91716-0177/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-HSBC-Card-Services-Deceptive-practice-lies-left-hand-doesnt-275817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank Credit Card, HSBC Card Services