Complaint Review: Orchard Bank Credit Card

• Submitted: Fri, April 02, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 02, 2010

• Reported By: veronica — Maryland USA
Orchard Bank Credit Card

Orchard Bank Credit Card i was preappoved for a mastercard with orchardbank, paid the fees and was waiting for it to arrive in mail, only to be told i wasnt approved afterall it was an employees mistake! unbeleivable, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I got an offer on 1 of thos cards

*Consumer Comment: Sensitized...

*Author of original report: thankyou ressponder

*Consumer Comment: Are You Crazy -

*Consumer Comment: No problems

hello all here's my story...about a month ago i went online to orchard banks website to apply for another credit card i am trying to buy a home and i need my score pulled about another 20 or so points over the next year, i figured this would be a easy way to do it, well after applying it said i was only approved for a secured mastercard, you know the kind where its your money you put on it! you never get a credit limit its like a debit card with your own money! i said no and refused it. well 2 weeks ago in the mail i get a letter from them with a pre approved status based on my social i gave them when i applied over the net and now they wanted to give me a credit card, with a limit. i read the fine print and all i need to do was pay the 19 annaul fee, by a check or mail. i chose check over the net to make the process go faster.

i filled it in and submitted on their site. they said they received it and my card was to arrive in 10-14 days. well i checked my status on their site a couple days ago and it said unapproved...i called and they said my payment didnt go through because of no funds in the bank! i said no way..thats not right. i def have money in the bank and i do nothing but save...that was a joke. so i offered to pay again saying maybe i put in a number wrong when i was entering my check info. i even offered to pay over the phone with my debit card. they said no. they could not do that and that now they are not offering me the line of credit..i said why! they said the offer was voided now because the payemnt didnt go through. they said all i could do is reappy....yeah okay and get another inquiry, when im trying to buy a home,well ....i thought about it and i figured that it would be in my best interest to get the card for my fico points...well long long story short they offered me the secured card again....and i refused it. so now i have 2 inquirys and no card! stay away from orchard bank.they are scam artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2010 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card/internet/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-i-was-preappoved-for-a-mastercard-with-orchardbank-paid-the-fee-588836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank Credit Card

I got an offer on 1 of thos cards

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

I got an offer on 1 of those orchard cards but I put the application in the burn pile after I read their fees. I said hell no on this 1. I do not want any of thier credit cards also stay away from 1st premier bank they are also a rip off

Sensitized...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

Hi again!  I have been sensitized by my experiences with various large corporations and banks, the way they mess around with our money is criminal. To get an idea about how the system works rent the following documentary movies:
THE CORPORATION
MAXED OUT (already mentioned)
THE END OF POVERTY?
SPEAKING FREELY: JOHN PERKINS
SPEAKING FREELY: CHALMERS JOHNSON
(any in this series is excellent!)
And to see how the banks destroy indigenous societies (which has now been visited upon the American people):
LIFE AND DEBT.
Watch and learn about the system that is designed to enslave all people throughout the world. Luckily you can easily research the information found on the documentaries. Something I strongly advise that you do!

thankyou ressponder

AUTHOR: veronica smith - (USA)

thank you so much for your personal insight. it feels good to have someone on my side at last. thankyou responder!

Are You Crazy -

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

It is obvious that the person with a long time relationship with Orchard has not read the other commentary about the same company on the same site. This individual is the unusual treatment, not the reverse. The originator of the report is a victim of fraud and deception. The bank should not be messing with their credit rating, as is the case. I have been monitoring banking practices and have been their victim, and I can tell you what one bank does they all do. If one bank makes a "mistake" it gives all the other banks the rationale to make the same "mistake." And the customer is ALWAYS the looser. Rent MAXED OUT to watch how this system works, and see how it preys on the poor and disenfranchised folk by design and does not touch the rich. Their profit base is a fee to those that are in trouble. Try to get good customer service - we are usually transferred overseas and have difficulty understanding the person supposed to help us.

No problems

AUTHOR: Amazed - (United States of America)

Well I have had an Orchard VISA for 12 years now with no problems.

Anyone can make a mistake.