Complaint Review: Orchard Bank Credit Card

Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Orchard Bank Credit Card Paid Rush Payment is a Lie, Takes 14 days to get credit On Line ripoff Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: I disagree with what they are doing, but...

I paid off my credit card balance early on the rush payment service Orchard Bank offers, for 12.95, but they have my payment it has cleared my checking account and I will not get to use the card for 14 days or more. I have never been late and always pay ahead of time.

None of the other cards have done this to me, plus I had the privlege of paying 12.95 to basically suspend my credit for two weeks or more. Orchard will not refund the 12.95

I believe this is a scam and ripoff. I have proof and would gladly turn it over to any lawyer willing to go class action. I also plan to report this practice to NY Attorney General.

John
Fairport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2007 11:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card/nationwide/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-Paid-Rush-Payment-is-a-Lie-Takes-14-days-to-get-credit-On-Line-235389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank Credit Card

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I disagree with what they are doing, but...

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

I disagree with what they are doing, holding the payments. However, I believe that even though they do not let you use the money, they will still post your payment ontime. You paid the rush service so you don't get a late fee or overlimit fee. I have been reading that many of these "bad credit" credit cards are holding payments lately even though it hasn't happened to me. I actually like Orchard Bank because they don't charge me everytime I make an online payment like some of the other companies are doing. I have one credit card that charges $5.95 to make an online standard payment and one that charges $6.95 to make an online standard payment.

Have you ever bounced a payment to them? Or is your account fairly new? Did you ask them why they are holding your money for 14 days? I'm curious as to their answer so it doesn't happen to me.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC