Complaint Review: Orchard Bank - HSBC Card Services

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2007

• Reported By:Richland Indiana
Orchard Bank - HSBC Card Services
P.O. Box 80084 Salinas, California U.S.A.

Orchard Bank - HSBC Card Services Fake credit card at Orchard Bank How many people will have to scammed before something is done?! Ripoff Salinas California

Everyones gets pre-approved credit cards in the mail and I ignore 90% of them. But this one I just happened to try. Its one thing for a bank to offer loans and such with rediculous fees and charges attached. Its entirely different to offer fake credit cards. The credit card was for a 200.00 limit,not much, with 100.00 of which was filled with bogus fees. Luckily,I havent given them a cent, but, wouldnt you know it, when I attempt to make a purchase the card is declined. When I contact the help line, Im not even able to finish my explanation of why Im calling before Im informed that the magnetic strip on the back of the card is defective. Seconds later, they put through a couple of "cover your a*s" emails about how they will be sending me a new card with a working magnetic strip and how they work quickly with resolving any issues I may have with my card. So I decide to put it to the test. I quickly jump onto my PayPal account, and attempt to add the card...low and behold the account number itself actually doesnt have a line of credit.

So they really haven't stolen any money from me, "yet", so what am I so worried about? Im worried first of all, that Im going to have a 100.00 worth of debt on my credit report for a service that was never really available in the first place. And then Im also worried about how many people they will have to scam before someone stops this.

Richland, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2007 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Card-Services/Salinas-California-93912/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Card-Services-Fake-credit-card-at-Orchard-Bank-How-many-people-will-h-259565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank - HSBC Card Services