Complaint Review: Orchard Bank HSBC

• Submitted: Wed, November 30, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, December 03, 2005

• Reported By:Battle Creek Michigan
Orchard Bank HSBC
Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Orchard Bank HSBC ripoff Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: credit application it does say $39. fee but it doesn't say when it would be charged

*Consumer Comment: orchard bank

*Consumer Comment: The credit card companies like the smaller banks charge illegal fees.

I'm not sure where these folks are located but... DO NOT get a card with them.

I got a card from them. I used it. I paid my first bill on time over the phone. They processed the payment after the due date. I then was assessed a late fee and over limit fee. I have recieved these fees every month. I contacted them and they have refused to work with me regarding this issue. WHEN A FEE CAUSES ONE TO BECOME OVERLIMIT and an OVERLIMIT fee is assessed, this is known as PYRAMIDING. IT IS ILLEGAL.

When I refused to pay, they referred my account to a collection agency, I disputed the charge with the collection agency who then reviewed the fees and agreed that it was illegal. They sent the account back to ORCHARD BANK/HSBC. They in turn referred it to another agency and the process continued. Each month they add on the fees again. ITS TIME TO SUE... anyone want to join me as a class action?

Robert
Battle Creek, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2005 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-HSBC/Boca-Raton-Florida/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-ripoff-Boca-Raton-Florida-166358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank HSBC

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to point out on the details of the credit application it does say $39. fee but it doesn't say when it would be charged. Maybe we just have to read fine print. If anyone reads this go to ftc website and in search it has orchard bank and letting people know misunderstanding.

I cancelled my charge with them so if they try something they will hear it. I can see if someone pays late ok but comeon.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Maybe I didn't read the fine print but I'm going to look over the application thing and see what I missed.

About paying on time yes there probably is a time limit for everything. I know where your coming from. You want to ask them when it gets processed what is the procedure. Its all bullshit with these companies.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

The credit card companies like the smaller banks charge illegal fees.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I see strange things happen.

Basically it comes down to reading the fine print. The credit card companies like the smaller banks charge illegal fees. They told me $39. and I just opened it up, $500 limit so I cancelled. Thats bull crap. SOmething told me not to do that by joining.

They said they're sending me a letter for cancelling and I told them I want that letter.