Complaint Review: Orchard Bank - HSBC

• Submitted: Fri, February 06, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 06, 2009

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Orchard Bank - HSBC
www.orchardbank.com Salinas, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-293-4037
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Orchard Bank - HSBC Rediculous increase in interest rate without warning! Salinas California

As written at the top of my statement for my [HSBC] Orchard Bank credit card, I am a "valued cardmember since 2006". Apparently my value is disproportional to my interest rate, which has jumped from 14.90% to 29.49%. I called and spoke with their customer service center (located in India, as verified by the rep I spoke with) and I was informed that all Orchard Bank patrons rates have increase to this amount. I have since shredded my card and closed my account. I urge others to do the same and don't let friends or family subscribe to their services. With the current economic state of our nation, for a company to be outsourcing jobs and raising the rates of cardholders stateside to preposterous rates is both unethical and unsound. I am voting with my feet...

Ktlrenovations
Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2009 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-HSBC/Salinas-California-93912/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Rediculous-increase-in-interest-rate-without-warning-Salinas-Californ-421190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank - HSBC