Complaint Review: Orchard Bank HSBC

• Submitted: Wed, May 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
Orchard Bank HSBC
1411 Schilling Place Salinas, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-293-4037
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Orchard Bank ,HSBC YOU ARE PAID IN FULL...LEAVE ME ALONE!! Salinas California

*Consumer Suggestion: definitely file small claims

*Consumer Suggestion: definitely file small claims

*Consumer Suggestion: Pay by mail?

I opened up a $300.00 limit on a card with Orchard Bank. I ended up paying over $800.00 to these scam artists. When I submitted the payment over the internet, I would always get late fees. I called and actually got someone to talk to. They stated that it depends on my regular bank when they receive the payment. So by the time my regular bank okay'd the payment it was considered late to Orchard. My regular bank said this was not true. They released pay'mt immediately-it took Orchard Bank 5-7 days to process this. So therefore, I have totalled over $500 in late charges throughout this whole ordeal. I tried to pay over the phone, but this also requires a fee! I have paid my card in full. Orchard Bank told me that my account was closed. Yet, the next month I receive a statement that I owe $66.00 for a late fee. I finally paid after arguing for days with them. Once again my account was closed. I threw my card away. I do not remember my login in information. Once again I receive a statement. I called due to the fact I could not login. They would not help me. They tell me that I am the only one that can access my login information. I asked them to at least give me my account number so I can get online and access my account. They can't do that for security reasons. This has gone on for 2 years. I can't imagine the amount of late fees I am racking up. Yet, no one will help me access my account. I got this card to begin with to help my credit. How sad. I wonder if these people sleep well at night knowing they are destroying the credit of people?

Upset in akron
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-HSBC/Salinas-California-93912/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-YOU-ARE-PAID-IN-FULLLEAVE-ME-ALONE-Salinas-California-453605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank HSBC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

definitely file small claims

AUTHOR: morganforms - (United States of America)

Please file small claims. Stop trying to get into the online account, because you'll wear yourself out, because the company doesn't want you to get into it probably so you can see that the fees are excessive and get the proof of this.

There should be a small claims efile in your county, but some counties don't have them. You can file a fee waiver if you cannot afford to file small claims.

When a small claims action is filed on companies like these, they will stop their dishonesty and stop wracking up fees and charges, plus maybe offer a reduced payoff. HOwever, there is no reason at all they should charge you anything past the payoff amount, so they are doing something criminal at this point if they are still charging you. Small claims will immediately stop this criminality, because the company will realize they will get caught.

get a restraining order or some court action if you feel threatened. Don't put up with this because you feel unsafe. the collectors are probably using a scare tactic so you won't take court action.

don't pay anymore. the credit bureaus wont put negative amounts that you really don't owe on your credit report, even if the company tries to make it appear you owe it, as far as I know. Write the credit bureaus and have them investigate any possible negative reporting that is not accurate from this bank and have cease reporting what the cmpany invents you still owe.

Tell collectors to stop calling you wiht a cease and desist letter. Legally, after you ask them to stop calling you, they can't call anymore.

Next, if you're a rowdy, scream at the top of your lungs and scare the collector. They'll think they are dealing with a very rough person who isn't going to take their nonsense,and be less inclined to want to continue calling and intimidating you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

definitely file small claims

AUTHOR: morganforms - (United States of America)

Next, if you're a rowdy, scream at the top of your lungs and scare the collector. They'll think they are dealing with a very unstable person who isn't going to take their nonsense.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Pay by mail?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Why didn't you pay by mail? No fees involved.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC