Complaint Review: Orchard Bank - Household Bank/HSBC

• Submitted: Thu, September 08, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 08, 2005

• Reported By:Hillsborough North Carolina
Orchard Bank - Household Bank/HSBC
1301 E Tower Rd Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-2934037
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Orchard Bank - Household Bank/HSBC I received secured credit card 3 weeks after paying 35 rush processing. I activated the card, the next day my credit limit was gone. A charge of 146.00 was done by an unknown person and the card was not lost. Schaumburg Illinois

Orchard Bank mastercard withdrew 200 dollars from my checking account to open secure account. Guaranteed I would have card in 7 days. Got card in 4 weeks. I activated card and went to use it at Food Lion. It was declined three times. I left store and called phone number on back of card. I was told I had used up my credit line. I asked what charges were made since I just activated it the day before. They told me AMAZON.com. I never ordered anything from AMAZON.com. I requested they cancel the card immediately for FRAUD.

They ask had I lost the card, I told them I just got it in the mail the day before and activated it the day before. They filed a fraud report. I week later I got a letter saying it was resolved. I got the new card 3 week later. I paid 94 dollars on old account number and 90 dollars on new account. My credit line still is not 300 dollars available credit as they promised. I never got the 146.00 dollars back that was fraudulently added to my account even though the letter they sent said it was credited and removed.

I called back again and asked what was going on. They transfered me to a dispute department who said I also need to file a report with them. I did that over the phone. They sent me another letter several days later saying it was fraud and I would received credit of 146.00.

As of today I have not seen a 300 dollar credit line. My payments are applied but the balance does not change. Something fraudulent is going on. I requested to received my money back fro the secure account and close this account. I have not gotten the information to close my account or the cash balance or savings account number my money is deposited into. HELP!!!

Pam
Hillsborough, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2005 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-Household-BankHSBC/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Orchard-Bank-Household-BankHSBC-I-received-secured-credit-card-3-weeks-after-paying-35-156342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank - Household Bank/HSBC