Complaint Review: Orchard Bank N.A.

• Submitted: Tue, May 07, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: Done With Banks — Kenmore Washington
Orchard Bank N.A.
Internet USA

Orchard Bank N.A. Stranded at a Gas Station Over an Undisclosed Red Flag Internet

On 5/7/2013 while on my way to work I stopped to get some gas at Arco.  When I atttempted to pay my card was declined.  At this point I had not been contacted in any way by Orchard Bank.  I called the number on the back of the card and was told by an automated system that I had $300.00 of available credit and no balance.  I then pressed 0 to speak to a care rep.  After the care rep looked at my account she forwarded me to the fraud & security team.

They began by asking the ususal questions (i.e Date of birth, Social Security Number, Mother's Maiden name, etc.) and I answered all of those.  I was then informed that my account was locked to do a "red flag" for fraudulent activity.  That I would need to answer some security questions to unlock my account.  So he begins to ask if I have ever been affiliated with a list of organizations, if I had been employed with a list of organizations, and if I have ever lived at a list of addresses. [continued below]....

.....  I answered to the best of my ability.  I FAILED the security check.  I was then informed that because I failed the security check they were going to have to send me documentation to fill out to get my account unlocked.

At this point I have been standing at a gas station for 40 minutes.  I lost it.  They were not able to get any supervisors on the line becuase they were "in a conference".  They could no longer do anything to assist me.  I asked them to close the account as I no longer wanted to be affiliated with an organization which would let this happen to their customers.  My account is a secured credit card.  This means when I opened the account I sent them $300.00 and that became my credit limit.  This means when I close my account I should be sent back my remaining balance.  I wanted them to confirm that this was indeed a secured account and then tell me their policy on returning balances when closing a secured account.  They refused to do either.

At this point they have hijacked $300.00 from me, left me standing at a gas station for an hour, and then refused to recite even their own policies to me.

As far as I am concerned I have had $300.00 stolen from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-NA/internet/Orchard-Bank-NA-Stranded-at-a-Gas-Station-Over-an-Undisclosed-Red-Flag-Internet-1048968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank N.A.