Complaint Review: Orchard Bank

• Submitted: Wed, June 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 14, 2010

• Reported By:Cranston Rhode Island
Orchard Bank
www.orchardbank.com , Nevada U.S.A.

Orchard Bank, HSBC HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Not ripped off

*Consumer Comment: Pigs Masquerading as Business People

*Consumer Comment: Yea you were a great customer...

*Consumer Comment: Lawsuit for what?

I closed my Orchard Bank CC because I no longer wanted to put up with the Fee's they charge. A few day's before I closed my account, I was charged a $59.00 annual fee. I called orchard Bank and asked why I had to pay an annual fee on a closed account. I was told that I am responsable for the fee because my account was considered open when the fee was charged.

I explained that it was only a few day's in-between the open and close but they said that it doesn't matter and it's my problem. I informed them that I was a good customer, never late or over limit and was it possible to give me a break. The girl laughed at me and said, how do you think we make our money? I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told none were available. I e-mailed them with the same concerns and was told in a reply to pay it, and thats all.

I would LOVE to be a part of ANY lawsuit anyone want's to start, and I have told Orchard I will not pay the fee and will rot in jail if needed.

JP
Cranston, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank/Nevada/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-HORRIBLE-Las-Vegas-Nevada-464523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank

Not ripped off

AUTHOR: inthegroove - (USA)

You did NOT get ripped off, you tried to rip off Orchard Bank and when you were not successful you wrote a false report. Shame on You!

Pigs Masquerading as Business People

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

Sadly business has been unregulated for a very long time, which is why policies about reform are beginning to happen. Unfair business practices have been allowed like in your case. You should check out tow films MAXED OUT and THE CORPORATION to get an idea how entrenched unfair practices are in our banking system. Banks make their most profits attacking the poor and engage in creating a new form of slavery. $59 is way less than what QUICKEN LOANS charge, where they rush people to sign documents, and once this is signed (even if you close 6 hours later) they still run a deposit through usually between $700 and $350 - most are $500. This is money that you CANNOT get back. There is no one to help and even the staff has started a legal battle against the company. I can only assume that the person responding to the original post is an employee from the bank since they seem to speak bank-ese and like most banks that usually shift ALL the blame onto the customer. Credit card debt is the source for the new slavery of the 21st century.

Yea you were a great customer...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"I explained that it was only a few day's in-between the open and close but they said that it doesn't matter and it's my problem. I informed them that I was a good customer, never late or over limit and was it possible to give me a break."
- Seriously, on one hand you are saying you were a good customer, were not late or over the limit. Then on the other hand you didn't want to put up with their fees and you would rather rot in jail than pay the annual fee. Yea...Seems like you really gave them great reasons to give you a break.

Also, you may want to really re-think not paying them. Because it was part of your terms of the Annual Fee, and you did not close it until AFTER that date. If you do not pay it you won't go to jail, but they will assess late fees and additional interest. It will eventually be turned over to a collection agency. If you still don't pay you may get your wish and get to be part of a lawsuit. However, it would be them filing one against you. It would also not only be for $59, but probably several hundred dollars.

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

What are you going to sue them for? They collected a fee for services that was outlines in your contract with them.

Annual fee means you pay it annually on the date of your anniversary.

Sorry bub, you owe the money. They didn't rip you off. If you wanted to avoid the fee you should have canceled before that date.