Complaint Review: Orchard Bank

• Submitted: Mon, February 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 19, 2007

• Reported By:simi valley California
Orchard Bank
1301 E. Tower Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173 Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

Orchard Bank, HSBC Card Services Deceptive Business Practices Schaumburg Illinois

I applied for and received an Orchard Bank credit card with a $300 limit and 14.99% interest with a FICO score of 625 in June 2006. Since then, my balance has never been more than $160.00. I have made all payments on time and my FICO score has actually increased to 631.

I just received a notice that they are raising my interest rate to 29.99%!!! Supposedly this is based on something being reported to Experian. When I tried calling the number on the letter, it goes to an India call center where they tell me they'll have to send a letter explaining why the rate increased. The person said that it was happening to all Orchard Bank cardholders.

I'll be cancelling this account - it's not worth it. I have cards with higher limits and better rates elsewhere for longer.

simi valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2007 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Card-Services-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Schaumburg-Illinois-236523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank