Complaint Review: Orchard Bank

Orchard Bank
1441 Schilling Place Internet United States of America

Orchard Bank HSBC Card Services Con artists Internet

*Consumer Comment: Credit Report

*Consumer Comment: Possible ID theft.

I received a bill from Orchard Bank on a credit card I do not have. I called the number provided on the bill thinking this was a simple mistake and would be cleared up quicklynothing could be further from the truth.

First I get the typical 800 repspeaks broken or no English, must have asked my name 10 times, asked for my SSN about 20 times and each time I refused he would ask again in less than 20 seconds.  I tried to explain I have never applied for a credit card from them and I have no idea how they got my name and number. Looking over the bill one would have to be insane to sign up with them as the bill was for $59.00 for Annual Assessed Fee for signing up on a $300 limit card?

I explained I already have a MasterCard with the bank I have been with for over 30 years I did not need nor would I ever apply for another credit card and surly not one with Orchard Bank. At that point I was sent to the Security department where I received the same questions all over again. I asked for proof of an application that signed for the card and they could not provide it, HOWEVER if I gave them my SSN it might speed up the process. I gave the account number on the statement however that wasnt good enough they needed the SSN.

Bottom line I have a bill from a company I have never heard of, on a card I never applied for or received and it appears no hope of resolving any time soon. Should anyone out there want a credit card from Orchard Bank it looks like the APR is 29.99% - ouch! Looked up the reports on them and it is not pretty BEWARE of this bunch!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2011 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank/internet/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Card-Services-Con-artists-Internet-782443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank

Credit Report

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Whether this is some kind of honest mistake on their part, or a fraud perpetrated by someone else, I don't know. Sure sounds fishy.  Just to be extra careful, you should check your credit reports (all 3) and make sure it doesn't show up there.

Possible ID theft.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Getting a statement or a credit card that was not applied for is often the first sign that you are a victim of identity theft.   I suggest that you check your credit reports from all three bureaus for suspicious activity.

socialism