Complaint Review: Orchard Bank

• Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: JADW — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Orchard Bank

Orchard Bank HSBC False Advertisement Internet

People who have file Bankruptcy, Beware of Orchard Bank! Filed bankruptcy in April 2011.  Discharged July 2011.  Decided to apply for two credit cards to start rebuilding my credit.  Approved for a credit card through another company for $2000 credit limit unsecured Mastercard Platinum a month ago.  Credit Scores are 642,642, and 631. Currently, decided to apply for my second card with Orchard Bank since I read reviews that they are pretty good with people who have filed bankruptcy though they give low credit limits.  Went throgh the first step which is the so called "pre-qualify".  With the same credit scores.  I was pre-qualified for a unsecured Orchard Bank Platinum Mastercard so I decided to proceed to fill out the application to receive this card as my second credit card.  After a week, I receive a denial letter because of the bankruptcy.  I was furious.  Why would they pre-qualify me for a unsecured platinum card and then deny me.  Since they peformed a pre-qualify screen, they could have offered the Secured card and gave me that option to apply for this instead but they pre-qualified me for a unsecured platinum and then denied me.  Now I have a hard inquiry on my credit report which I was trying to avoid. I will never deal with this company ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2011 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank/internet/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-False-Advertisement-Internet-805687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank