midnight

Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-245-9280
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Orchard Bank, HSBC, Household Bank Fraudulent City Of Industry Ripoff California

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

*Consumer Comment: orchard bank

*Author of original report: Update to my comments

I sent in 2 checks to payoff my 2 Household Bank accounts. The first check was in the amount of $561.00 and was made payable to Orchard Bank. I went to their website to get the address on where to send payments in. According to Orchard Bank's website, If I live in California (which I do), I was to send in the payment to: HSBC Card Services PO Box 60102 City of Industry, CA 91716-0102. I mailed this payment July 28th, 2005. The check was cashed by HSBC Bank, and had their official stamp on a copy of the check I received from my bank. However, they did NOT post the funds to my account.

The second payoff check I sent was in the amount of $439.00. This check was made payable to HSBC Bank, and was sent to the same address as the check I mailed to Orchard Bank (They are the same bank, and have the same payment address). This check was also cashed and cleared, and I have a copy of this check too from my bank with the HSBC Bank stamp on it. I also mailed this check on July 28th, 2005. It is now September 2, 2005 and they STILL have not posted the funds to my account.

The reason I wanted to pay off Household/Orchard Bank is because they inadvertantly raised my APR from 18% to over 27%, and I always made my payments and made them on time. I didn't understand why they did this, but whatever the case may be... I didn't want to pay that much interest and I wanted to pay them of and close my accounts.

I tried calling the dispute department. HSBC is another penny-pinching company that routes all their calls through India to save massive $$$ on customer call-ins for disputes, and technical problems. I could barely understand the rep. She had very bad English skills. She told me I need to fax a copy of the checks to their dispute department along with a letter of explanation. She said it would only take 14 days to investigate it. Well, today is over the 14 day mark, and they still haven't posted the funds to my account, nor have they made any attempt to contact me whatsoever.

If there are any attorneys out there I would be more than happy to take HSBC/Orchard Bank to court and sue them, and then tack on a hefty fee for the stress and frustration they have been causing me over the past several weeks, and to tack on the attorney fees on top of that. This is absolutely the MOST unprofessional company I have EVER dealt with. They are NOT going to get away with this outrageous fraudulent act. I am not just being a "hothead" here and speaking from the perspective of someone in the "heat of the moment." I have made 7 or 8 calls in this company, and faxed over the information twice, and I have still not heard from them. Somebody, please help me with this. Thank you.

Erik
El Dorado Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2005 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank/nationwide/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Household-Bank-Fraudulent-City-Of-Industry-Ripoff-California-155849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Out2help - (U.S.A.)

A class action is being filed against Orchard Bank for Plaintiffs with similar complaints. If you would be interested please contact me

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Ask the person on the other line for an english speaking person. Or ask for the lost stolen credit card and tell them off and make sure you get something in the mail.

Update to my comments

AUTHOR: Erik - (U.S.A.)

In all fairness to HSBC / Orchard Bank, they did FINALLY post the funds to my account that I sent in on 7/28/05. This does not, however, solve any of the other major problems I encountered with this bank. The offshore customer support is atrocious. Some of the employees there are very incompetent and cannot speak English very well. HSBC's computer system/program needs a SERIOUS overhaul. Yes, they do LOSE payments sent in!

My biggest complaint about HSBC/Household Bank/Orchard Bank is that they raise interest rates without even informing the cardholder. Like I said in my original post... I started off with an 18% interest rate. I made all my payments on time for over 2 years, and how do they reward me? By jacking up my interest rate to 27% without even notifying me!

I know a lot of people out there are hurting for credit, and are desperate to rebuild their credit, but take my word for it... STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. There are other banks out there that will help you, and not be such unprofessional, unscrupulous scheisters as this bank. Do your research here on Ripoffreport.com. Look at how many complaints are filed with HSBC/Household Bank/Orchard Bank. That should be a HUGE RED FLAG to you.

If you are in dire straits and are desperate for a credit card, and you apply for a card with this organization, you deserve everything that's going to happen to you. You have been warned.