Complaint Review: Orchard Bank/HSBC Card Services

• Submitted: Thu, December 24, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 24, 2009

• Reported By: Adam409 — Nederland Texas United States of America
Orchard Bank/HSBC Card Services
PO Box 81622 Salinas CA 93912 City of Industry, California United States of America

Orchard Bank/HSBC Card Services Orchard Bank, Household Bank Platinum HSBC added late charges to my bill and resulted in an over the limit fee. Both months the payment was sent over 7 days before due date. City of Industry, California

In October 2009, I received a Notice of Change in Terms from Orchard Bank. It stated that the interest rate/ Finance charge could go as high as 29.99% and If I wanted to Opt Out I was to send a written statement to a specific address which I did.

In November I received confirmation of my Opt Out from HSBC. The bill received that month had a late fee of $35.00. I called customer service to dispute the charge and they cannot take off late charges. The bill was due 11/08/09 and the payment was sent 10/30/09.

The December bill came in and another late charge of $35.00 and a over the limit charge of $35.00 were assessed to the account.  That payment was sent on 11/21/09 and due on 12/10/09. [continued below]....

I called on 12/23/2009 and spoke with Melisa and she could not help me with the dispute, she transferred me to Cate (employee # C93671) and she would not take off the charges. I was then transferred to Nakia (in Nevada) and she would not take off the charges and she also stated that any payment I send will be used on interest 1st, then late fees, over limit fees, then principle.  I told her that I was not going to pay those fees.  She stated that I agreed in the contract to do so and I requested a copy of that signed agreement. Of course she said she cant send me the signed one but she can send me a copy within 7-10 days. I informed her that if I do not get the contract within 7 days I will charge her late fees in addition I will be sending her a bill for my time and effort. And that I too can send her a contract that is not signed where HSBC has agreed to pay me for my services. She transferred me to Vanessa (Account Manager) and she ended up hanging up on me.

Needless to say, I did send them a bill on12/23/2009,for my time and effort in the amount of $2550.00. Well thats what my contract reads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2009 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-BankHSBC-Card-Services/City-of-Industry-California-81716/Orchard-BankHSBC-Card-Services-Orchard-Bank-Household-Bank-Platinum-HSBC-added-late-char-545010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank/HSBC Card Services