Complaint Review: Organics OKC Garden Supply

• Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: matt — moore United States of America
Organics OKC Garden Supply
2800 N. Penn OKC, Oklahoma United States of America

Organics OKC Garden Supply Organics OKC Hydroponics Lady behind the counter was became hostile when I asked her a question about drainage, which was after I had already paid for the overpriced item, for which she did not provide a receipt for. After as OKC, Oklahoma

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am just a customer and this is an unsolicited rebuttal.

Lady behind the counter was became hostile when I asked her a question about drainage, which was after I had already paid for the overpriced item, for which she did not provide a receipt for. After asking for the receipt, paid by debit card, she slammed it on the table. At that time I grabbed the item's that I had paid for, she then snatched the receipt off of the counter and put it in her pocket and stated that I couldn't have it back.

She said that she could refuse service to anyone she wished, which I offered to leave on the condition that my card was refunded. She stated that she refused to give me a refund, with my receipt still in her pocket. I exited the store upon her request but informed her that I was calling the authorities while I stood by outside. Once the authorities arrived they informed her that she had to give me my unsigned receipt back, and advised me to file a civil suit against the business.

Also the lady behind the counter stated that since this was the only hydroponic store in OKC that she could treat customers how ever she wanted and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. While it is convenient to purchase hydroponic products at this location, their prices are rediculously expensive compared to online hydroponic poviders mostly found on ebay. Just do a price check comparison. Plus they only stock base nutrients and additives that are second rate so they can mark up the products at obsurd prices. There is no risk in ordering quality name brand hydroponic products online, as I have been doing this for a decade and a half.

My advice is to stay as far away from this place as possible. The woman who frequently works the counter has absolutely no respect for the customer and has little to no knowledge especially considering how long she has worked there. I feel sorry for her husband who actually is a pretty cool dude. Good luck to everybody out there looking for quality products and good customer service simultaneously, but I'm sorry to inform you that if you stop by Organics OKC garden supply, you undoubtedly won't get it. Sorry to disappoint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Organics-OKC-Garden-Supply/OKC-Oklahoma-73107/Organics-OKC-Garden-Supply-Organics-OKC-Hydroponics-Lady-behind-the-counter-was-became-ho-830053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Organics OKC Garden Supply

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I am just a customer and this is an unsolicited rebuttal.

AUTHOR: az - ()

Perhaps the negative review from the other poster(s) was due to the consumer not having enough info to ask the ? they had in a clear way. Sometimes asking intelligent ?'s gets intelligent answers.

My rebuttal is from an objective point, as I am just a customer who discovered their store thru an internet search, because I was looking for FFOF and FFHF soil. I love the results of going organic.

Organics OKC, located at 2800 N. Penn(slyvania) left turn off NW 23rd if traveling east, right turn on Penn. if traveling west. Then 5 blocks and the store is on the NE corner of the 4 way intersection at 28th and Penn. East side of the street in a tiny strip mall and is the place to get everything you need for beautiful, strong, happy plants and that's what it's really about; Are your plants happy? They are closed on Sunday/Mondays. Mark, his lovely wife and their staff are some of the greatest people in the world. They go to any lengths to make you feel like you are their #1 customer. Do organic products cost more? Yes! Are they worth it? Absolutely! Go to the grocery store and (hyperbole) look at a $4.79 cent apple, compared to the $1.29 other ones with "Hercules only knows what" has been sprayed on them. Yes, quality does cost more and no, I don't buy organic fruits. I can though grow my own organic vegetables. The ladies behind the counter, he younger one or the a bit older one, co-wner have ALWAYS treated me with kindness and goodwill. Could be because I treat them the same way.