Complaint Review: Ori Van Lines

• Updated: Tue, August 02, 2011

• Reported By: Steve S. — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Ori Van Lines
2033 Gateway Place, 5th Floor San Jose, California United States of America

Ori Van Lines All State Relocation Fraudulently charged me for packing matls not used, damaged most of my belongings San Jose, California

I contracted All State Relocation to move my goods from San Juan Capistrano, CA to Charlotte, NC.  The movers who picked up my goods charged me for 4 mattress covers, but they wrapped my mattress and box spring in shrink-wrap, and didn't use the covers.  I only have one bed!
When I ordered the move, I specifically told the customer service person that I would not be available between May 15-23 to receive the goods, as I was going to be out of town.  I asked them to deliver before this time.  The movers called me on May 14, asking what time they could deliver the goods on the 15th.  I reiterated that I would not be there, so they put my goods in a storage warehouse until I returned.  When I rescheduled the delivery, they charged me $400, and stated that I did not inform them of my unavailability.
The manager of the company, Lindsey, was very insulting, telling me that anyone who knows how to read would know that the availability information was to be entered in a box on the envelope in which the moving paperwork was placed by the movers in CA.  These movers did not instruct me to do this, and the "box" that Lindsey referred to was in no way explained in the paperwork.  It simply said "delivery information".
When my goods showed up, a large amount of my belongings were damaged, including an expensive piece of art, several kitchen items, furniture, etc.  Many of my items were not in the packaging that the movers in CA used; they had been destroyed, then re-packed in shoddy materials.  Over $3000.00 worth of items were damaged in the move.  All State's claims dept. is offering me $321 ($0.60 / lb. x 560 lbs.).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ori-Van-Lines/San-Jose-California-95110/Ori-Van-Lines-All-State-Relocation-Fraudulently-charged-me-for-packing-matls-not-used-dam-759633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ori Van Lines