Complaint Review: Oriental Martial Art College

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 26, 2009

• Reported By:Westerville Ohio
Oriental Martial Art College
1349 Brice Rd Reynoldsburg, Ohio U.S.A.

Oriental Martial Art College Bad Leadership Playing Favor Reynoldsburg Ohio

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: bleeding heart - red belt

*Consumer Comment: Bad Leadership I Agreed with John

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal to false Report

Like many people who are confused, hurt, and in shock about those who are in leadership playing favor.

My name is John Petway and I don't have anything to hide anymore. The president of Oriental Martial Arts College who is suppose set fair and good example. My complaint is that he allowed anyone to come into the office and talk about another person without getting the other person into the office to fix the problem. Then kick them out of the school. That is what happen to me and that is what (President) Master Choi did to me. He hurt me more than anyone I know alive, more than my family. He bled my heart dry. I've clean this man school at 161 and at Brice Rd for almost a year. I gave this man my all to learn martial arts. He kicks me out due to favorism of the two people. He kicks me out without finding out the truth. This man is not who he say he is. This man is con artists and only care about your money. To this day I'm still confused about his leadership. He has always put me down for whatever the reasons are. Bad leadership equal bad school to being with. Don't go to this school. Everything they say about Master Choi is a lie. I am not ashame to tell the world how bad Master Choi is as a leader. What he did and how he handle problem were totally unprofessional. Trust me I know. I was a student and a worker at the school.

John
Westerville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oriental-Martial-Art-College/Reynoldsburg-Ohio-43068/Oriental-Martial-Art-College-Bad-Leadership-Playing-Favor-Reynoldsburg-Ohio-381355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oriental Martial Art College

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

bleeding heart - red belt

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

Your must of forgotten how to be a student (shut -up and listen). I have been with and associated with Grand Master Choi for over 30 years. I too have cleaned his house , 3 schools, signed up new students, and collected tuition, also had the honor of living in his home with Master Young Pyo Choi , his Motherand Ron Kennedy. When I first came to the school I slept on the floors of the schools. I attended 2 to 3 classes a day and was at the schools from 10am to 10 pm. Later I became and Instructor. You must not have learned any humility,and only learned anger,hate,fear which you brought with you. I have never found Grand Master Choi anything but the Truth. I am very sorry you are unable to open your mind and soul to learn a new way of life different form what you brought in. I can feel Grand Master Choi with me always and I know he feels the same. I am sure he didn't KICK you out--what you had done or were doing warranted it. In the 30 years of our teacher student relation never has anyone been kicked out. I guess you can be proud of that loser!!

AS for the Red Belt (mister popular) that is not important in your search for the Truth---also you missed the mark it is best you stay home and teach your kids (What Gand Master Choi has taught you) Funny you all look to point fingers at your own faults--Both of you need to grow up---Try a Mans class at 161 and Morse on Manday nights if you don't understand what you need to give up to grow.

Always A Student
Richard Acres
Utah

Bad Leadership I Agreed with John

AUTHOR: Andre - (U.S.A.)

I don't know John ****, but I know he is telling the truth about Master Choi. Master Choi should handle whatever happen with a student and someone else into his office at the same time. Clearly he didn't do that. He kick John out of the school instead . For what it's worth it sound like John had high love for Master Choi. So if Master Choi is loving and kind as everyone says he is. Then my question is why kick John out of the school after all the cleaning he did for Master Choi.

Master Choi is a person who included by lies ... so he always accepts lies... It's very clear that Master Choi think that John is a problem for his school. In some part of the road he just did not like you. It happen to me similar in my case. They thought I stolen some gears and gloves and even vandalize the school on a sunday.

The years past I found out that my teachers did not like me because I turn very popular in my school and I start teaching my kids in my house being just a red belt. He never talk to me about it just I was not welcome to the school no more, this tell us that life is not about being right or not or that people will believe in you. Life is about choices and we did a wrong choice by joining their school.

Just keep going your way John and forget Mr.Choi. I bet you will find a better school a better teacher or another path in your life learn from this experience and John is very right to tell others so does not happen to them the same way.

Rebuttal to false Report

AUTHOR: Cindy B - (U.S.A.)

I have to disagree with Mr. Petway's statements of this martial art school. I have been a member of the school for over a year and I love it and the people. The Kimoodo class has been very helpful to me since I have multiple degenerative discs in my back, scoliosis, neuropathy, fibromyalgia, along with other ailments. When I was not able to pay my tuition, Master Choi found a way for me to do work at the school in exchange for classes. John Petway had this same type of tuition.
Two weeks ago I was very ill and did not have the money to get medicine. Master Choi gave me the money I needed. I have never had anyone except my Mother do anything like that!
I have known Master Choi to be very caring and giving to others, he is open and is always available to help others with problems. I have seen people come in who could barely walk. Within a few weeks they were walking straighter and better.
I know Jonhn Petway from OMAC and had thought him to be a very nice man. He did his work well and was always respectful to me, but with what others and especially the ladies have told me along with this review it makes me wonder what John is up to. Especially since he left the the following comment just a few months ago on this site

JohnPetway (3 months ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply "
I was also there. I gotta tell MooSung is really amazing. I've watch him break boards, sparring, and many others things. To me he's the next Bruce Lee. I love him and his dad. They has always been very kind to me. "

expenditures