Complaint Review: Original Mattress Factory

• Reported By: Bob — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Original Mattress Factory
Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Original Mattress Factory Very Poor Quality Cincinnati, Ohio

I bought a mattress at OMF about 2.5 years  ago.  It was one of their "top of the line"  ORTHOPEDIC EUROTOP.  I have a close friend  who used to work there, so that was a major  reason I trusted that I would get a good  mattress at a good price.  The salesman was  really nice and informative and I thought I  had made good purchase.

For the first year and a half I loved the  mattress and slept well on it.  I have  shoulder and back problems, so I need  something supportive for my back, but soft  enough so it doesn't put too much pressure on  my shoulder (I am a side sleeper).  After  about  year and a half, I started waking up  with hip pain (had never had this before).  I  thought it might just be a new joint problem  for me until my girlfriend started waking up  with hip pain also.

What has happened is the cheap foam in the  mattress has lost its supportive capabilities  and my hips are sinking to far into it now.   OMF will replace the mattress if it gets a  1.5 inch rut in it, however the foam does  expand back out when I am not on it (so the  rut is not 1.5 inches), but, like I said,  doesn't properly support my hips anymore.  I  have folded up a comforter and placed it  where my hips are to give me more support and  the hip pain is gone.  It is not comfortable  to sleep on, but I at least don't wake up  with hip pain now.

I rotated the mattress weekly the whole time  I had it, so that isn't the problem.  It is  the cheap foam they use.  So now I am stuck  with  an expensive 2.5 year old mattress that  has shown to be very poor quality.

I have done a lot of research and decided to  try an all natural latex foam mattress  ordered off the internet.  OMF sells latex  mattresses but they are synthetic latex and I  believe not 100% latex (I think they have  other foam layers).

I am hoping this next mattress will be the  right one for me. They provide 100 night  trial with flat $100 return fee if I return  it, or $50 to do a comfort adjustment where  they swap out the top layer of latex for a  different firmness.  I have done research and  the latex foam is not supposed to break down  over time like other foams.

Anyway, hope this helps.  I don't usually  write reviews but I have used them so much in  my research, I thought I would try and give  back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Original-Mattress-Factory/Cincinnati-Ohio-/Original-Mattress-Factory-Very-Poor-Quality-Cincinnati-Ohio-994494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Original Mattress Factory