Complaint Review: Orion Portfolio Services

PO Box 888424 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 866-695-8893
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Orion Portfolio Services and Trident Asset Management and Columbia House DVD FALSE ACCOUNT Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Trident Asset Management and Orion Portfolio Services are the Same Company?

*Consumer Comment: File a Complaint With the BBB!

*Consumer Comment: Here is exactly how to take care of this

Upon a recent routine check of my credit report from Experian, I noted a delinquency in the amount of $55 from Trident Asset Management on behalf of Columbia House DVD.   Since I do not have an account with Columbia House, I contacted them and told them my problem. They looked my name up, came back empty. Looked my current address (2 yrs)  up.....my previous address (15 yrs) up, both came back with nothing. I was told I did not have a past due account, nor were they finding any account in my name, or linked to either my current or previous address (this much I already knew). Then they asked if there was some account number listed on my credit report, which I found and gave them. To which they responded, "OH...yes you owe $55 for two dvds plus a late fee."

Then they said BUT, they no longer have the account, its been sold to Orion Portfolia Services and I need to contact them. CLICK.

This is new to my credit report, and says the account was opened in 12 of 2010 and was first reported as delinquent in July of 2011. I have never gotten a letter from any of the companies involved, and even Columbia House dvd says I am not an account holder by name or address, yet claim I do still owe them $55 for movies I somehow rented????   I am trying to get this removed from my credit, but am being hung up on, redirected and put on "ever lasting hold" each time.  This account which is not even mine is adversely affecting my credit, but whats worse is the companies involved continue to give me the run around and I feel as though I am just going in circles.

I am soooooo frustrated!!  Now, having found this site and searching it, I see others having the exact same issues with the exact same companies....I just can not imagine how nothing legal is being done to stop these scamming companies!????!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orion-Portfolio-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30356/Orion-Portfolio-Services-and-Trident-Asset-Management-and-Columbia-House-DVD-FALSE-ACCOUNT-941321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orion Portfolio Services

Trident Asset Management and Orion Portfolio Services are the Same Company?

AUTHOR: Aura79 - (United States of America)

According to the Atlanta BBB, Trident Asset Management and Orion Portfolio Services have the exact same mailing address:

P.O. Box 888424
Atlanta, GA 30356

Also, according to Orion Portfolio Services' website (http://orion-ps.com), the company's founder is on
the Experian Collections Council Advisory Board.   I find it very interesting, and disturbing, that Experian was the only credit bureau that showed a Trident Asset Management (on behalf of Columbia House) collection on my report earlier this year.  What is going on here and how is it legal?

File a Complaint With the BBB!

AUTHOR: Aura79 - (United States of America)

I've had a nearly identical experience as the person who made this complaint against Columbia House DVD & Orion.  In March 2012 I discovered Trident Asset Management had placed a collection on my Experian credit report for over a year (Trident never once contacted me by mail or phone to notify me since December 2010 when they apparently first reported this fake collection to Experian).  I have never had a Columbia House account and a phone call to Columbia House verified this.

After an unsuccessful dispute with Experian, in May 2012 I filed a complaint with the Atlanta BBB against Trident Asset Management.  Here is contact information that the Atlanta BBB has for them:

Trident Asset Management
Phone: (866) 695-8893
Fax: (678) 672-6684
PO Box 888424
Atlanta, GA 30356

Link to BBB record for Trident: http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/collection-agencies/trident-asset-management-in-atlanta-ga-27255421

Within about a week after filing this BBB complaint, Trident provided the following response:

"We have received the consumers dispute and have closed the account. The account will be removed from all credit bureaus within 30 days"

The collection was removed from my credit report almost immediately.

But wait, there's more....

Early this month (September 2012) I received an collection call from Allied Interstate LLC for a 2005 debt to Columbia House DVD!!!  I immediately disputed and tried to explain my previous dealings with Trident Asset Management and told the agent that this matter has been resolved and closed. The foreign collection agent proceeded threaten and belittle me, and then eventually hung up me.

After the phone call, I filed a complaint with the BBB of Central Ohio against Allied Interstate, LLC.  Link to company's page on BBB site: http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/collection-agencies/allied-interstated-llc-in-columbus-oh-70000915/

Allied Interstate just recently responded to my complaint and stated they were hired by Orion (I assume Orion Portfolio Services) and that since receiving my BBB complaint Allied Interstate is stopping all collection activities... we shall see.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU FILE BBB COMPLAINTS AGAINST TRIDENT ASSET MANAGEMENT AND ORION PORTFOLIO SERVICES!  That is the only thing that has worked for to restore my credit file (disputing with Experian did NOTHING) and I will continue to file BBB complaints if any new collection agencies start contacting me or place a fraudulent collection in my credit file.

Best of luck to you and anyone else who is going through this.  I know there are a lot of people out there being harassed about ancient Columbia House DVD accounts they never opened.

Here is exactly how to take care of this

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

Since the debt has been sold to Orion Portfolia Services that is who you will have to deal with.  Do not do this over the phone you need to do everything in writing certified return receipt so you have a proven record of your correspondence and what was said and/or agreed to.

Write them a letter with your phone #, name, address, and the account #so they can find it in their system.  Explain to them that this is not a debt you incurred and that you do not owe for it.  Tell them they are required by law to provide proof it is your debt and that you opened the account and that if they cannot then they are required by law to remove it from you credit report and that if they do not you will sue them under the provisions of the FDCPA.  In the meantime, file a dispute with one or all of the credit bureaus while you work on resolving this.  I would also write to Trident Asset Management since they are the ones that appear to have placed this on your credit report.

Address and contact info for Orion Portfolio Services

5755 N Point Pkwy Ste 12

Alpharetta, GA  30022-1136

Phone: 770-391-9695

Other contact info from their website

(770) 391-9695, or e-mail us at acquisitions@orion-ps.com

Trident Asset Management

531 Hunter St

United StatesPhone: +1-772-341-2360

Lastly, I would look at purchasing a service from Equifax to get alerts on your credit and if any line of credit have been opened in your name.  You can also sign up with Lifelock or go to any one of the credit bureaus direct and have a permanent freeze put on your credit file - this will keep anyone from opening credit in your name but you would have to contact the bureau to have it lifted any time you want to applly for credit yourself.

Good luck and post an update on what happens.