Complaint Review: Orkin

• Submitted: Tue, May 18, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:anaheim hills California
wwwpestcontrolmag.com Anaheim, California U.S.A.

Orkin ripoff set-up A young man was asking everyone on our street about their problems with pests. We said we had no problems. The next day 3 no window vans were seen with barrels unloading in the area. Now we have ants. Anaheim California

*Consumer Comment: Conspiracy and Libel - that's what this is.

*UPDATE Employee: You are mistaken and this is why

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Orkin unloaded barrels of ants by your home!?!?!?

A young man came to our house and said he was asking everyone on our street about their problem with pest. He wanted to know if we had a problem. Also, would we be interested in his special monthly rate. I explained we didnt have any problems with pest. The very next day Three no window vans were seen with barrels of some sort unloading in the area. Now we nothing but aunts. Aunts are taking over our block. Five houses on our street called the same man to have their home treated. Makes me wonder what was in those barrels.

anaheim hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orkin/Anaheim-California-92808/Orkin-ripoff-set-up-A-young-man-was-asking-everyone-on-our-street-about-their-problems-wit-91883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orkin

Conspiracy and Libel - that's what this is.

AUTHOR: Happy Camper - (U.S.A.)

Welcome to California. You can expect to see the following ants: odorous house ants, argentine ants, carpenter ants, thief ants, pavement ants, pharaoh ants and more!

If you understood the biology of ants you would know how easy it is to debunk your libelous statement.

Ants don't infest a neighborhood overnight - period. The colonies must be established before anything like that could possibly happen, and for most types of ants that takes at least a year.

Specific weather can cause ants to swarm or bud, resulting in increased activity.

Frankly, it is painfully obvious that you know nothing about ants, nothing about pest control, and have something wrong with you.

Anyone reading this report should understand that the report was made by someone who either has issues with the truth, or who needs their medication changed.

I am a competitor in Arizona but I can not allow this mistruth to go unchallenged.

I hope Orkin sues you as they have every right to do. In libel (tort) cases, they do not even need to prove damages.

You are mistaken and this is why

AUTHOR: Walter - (U.S.A.)

First of all let me start by saying I have worked for Orkin 5 years now and I'M not always there biggest fan , But for different reasons. I know this did not happen !(1. Because the company is always understaffed, all branches-I can litterally transfer anywhere because of this. It takes 3 monthes to even get a new employee licensed and into the truck . ___I wish had time to get coffee much less drive around with a barrell full of ants.

(2. Our sales teams do not make money reacting to problems (so why create them?) the money in sales is made with preventative sales in which very little chemical cost is incured.

(3. salesmen spend there time on big commercial accounts, they are overwhelmed with quotas. we know that most places have some type of pest problems whether ants, termites, mice ,ext.. Thats not the problem, if we can get our foot in the door
with free inspections ,chances are we will find something.The problem is cheaper competition, price, price , and price.

(4. buisness is always booming , problem isnt getting customers, its keeping them preventatively after we solve their problem. hey you did a good job, your fired.

(5. with ave 15 stops a day, covering everybodys route who quits( 12 to 14 hours a day sucks when your on commision-not hourly.) I don't have time to waste on letting ants go and MAYBE getting a new account, maybe not -alott of competition out there.

(6. Ants no matter what species do not scatter to the four winds, maybe mice but not ants-get another opinion but it just don't work that way.

(7. we have a contract with Ford for either F150's or ford rangers, i have never even seen a company van- ever.
So I have to say this claim is complete hogwash.I'll complain about many things with the company but this never happened.Sorry

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Orkin unloaded barrels of ants by your home!?!?!?

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to post to a report that is so old but I have to say something about commen sense. First please take a little time to word your report correctly unless you really wanted to convey to the readers you have an infestation of Aunts and not Ants in your area. What no Uncles made there way in yet? That said, do you really excpect us to beleive that Orkin Pest Control dropped off containers of ants in your area? Ants as well as all other insects are every where at all times. Where the hell would Orkin even get "barrels" of ants from, an IKEA catalog? Could it be that maybe just maybe your local Orkin branch received some calls from your general area and decided to go door to door to see if anyone else had a problem? I beleive your post waters down legit complaints (which their are true complaints to found on this site) and makes readers almost jaded to real victims.