Complaint Review: Orleans Hotel & Casino

• Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: L B — Highland Village Texas
Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 W. Tropicana Ave Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Orleans Hotel & Casino Boyd Gaming Guest Room was robbed while sleeping in it. Property blamed me for it happening. Las Vegas, Nevada

You dont know mebut the people at the Orleans Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas know me. Feb. 21, 2013 I was spending my last night of a three night stay. I had gone to my room #1528 at 11:00 pm, to go to bed because I had an early flight out the next morning. I packed my suitcase, put my clothes out, put my I-Phone on its charger, and went to bed. I never sleep well in a hotel, especially when I am by myself, but I must have been sound asleep between 11:30pm and 4:00 am. I woke up around 4:00 am and noticed light shining in from around my door. I got up to check and my door was ajar, which wasnt the case when I went to bed. I went to retrieve my phone and noticed it was gone and my purse was on the floor with my wallet missing. I was now scared and upset and immediately called the front desk. The front desk sent security to my room; security took a report, checked the computer and found my room had been entered three times between 11:30pm-4:00am. Now to get to my purse and phone the criminals had to walk in front of my bed where I was sleeping multiple times.

Once the report was taken the security gave me a copy of the report and told me to show it to the police department at the airport and they would make sure I got on my flight since all my identification had been stolen. Once the security team took the report, that was the end of the assistance from the Orleans Hotel & Casino. I had to wake up my friend who was also staying at the Orleans Hotel & Casino, use my friends phone to call all my credit cards, and wireless provider to cancel those services. I had to borrow money from my friend, get a cab on my own, and worry about how I was going to get passed security and get on my flight. Never once did the Orleans Hotel & Casino offer me a ride to the airport or call the police department at the airport to make sure I had the proper documentation to board my flight. I had to take care of everything on my own. The police department was very understanding, but I had to go through extra security to get on my flight. Back in Dallas, I had just enough money for a cab ride home. Once I got home, I was still a wreck, but I fell into bed. The next morning my first stop was to replace my phone and my first call was to the Orleans Hotel & Casino. They completely changed their attitude once I was back in Dallas. All of a sudden the tables turned, it was my fault this had happened.

In fact, they treated me like I was trying to defraud them. They wanted to know how I was able to get on my flight if I had lost all my identification (passport, drivers license had all been stolen). Now I had to be on the defensive. I explained that I used their report like their security told me to do to get on my flight. All of a sudden this whole robbery became my fault. They had come to the conclusion that I had not secured my door and suddenly the report that the room had been opened three times during the night disappeared. Now I hadnt mentioned this yet, but during the investigation they asked me for my keycards and I had both sets of issued keycards, so how does someone other than a hotel employee come into my room?

During this whole ordeal in my room, the Orleans Hotel & Casino stated they would keep in touch during the investigation, yet they never called. I made all the calls and the last call the Orleans Hotel & Casino determined that it was my fault and closed the case.

Really?

I am a 64 year old grandma staying by herself in a hotel and I didnt check the door before I went to bed? I dont agree. Someone entered my room with a keycard, and walked by my bed where I was sleeping multiple times. What would have happened if I had woke up? I bet the Orleans Hotel & Casino would have a different take on this situation if I had been beaten up, raped, or killed in their room. Thank goodness the criminals only wanted my wallet and phone and I am safe to tell this story.

Unfortunately, the Orleans Hotel & Casino believed the best action to take is to blame the customer and sweep the whole situation under the rug. The Orleans Hotel & Casino along with Boyd Gaming has a duty obligation to make sure that their customers are safe during their entire stay, which obviously they failed to do.

I have been a customer of the Orleans Hotel & Casino for ten years, staying two or three times a year. I eat at their restaurants, see their shows, and play their slots. I have been a good and loyal customer. Im not a person who sues, or defrauds companies. All I was asking for was an honest investigation and for them to take this seriously so this does not happen to another person. It is not just the stuff that is taken; it is the secure feeling that you should feel when you stay at a hotel, which I have been robbed of.

So stay at the Orleans Hotel & Casino or dont, but just remember that if something happens dont expect this company to give you the common courtesy of help or sympathy towards the situation.

Thanks for your time.

LB

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orleans-Hotel-Casino/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Orleans-Hotel-Casino-Boyd-Gaming-Guest-Room-was-robbed-while-sleeping-in-it-Property-bl-1044410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orleans Hotel & Casino