Complaint Review: Oro Gold

• Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012

• Reported By: BuyerBeware — Wauwatosa Wisconsin United States of America
Oro Gold
Mayfair Mall Kiosk Wauwatosa, Wisconsin United States of America

Oro Gold Viva per Lei Dead Sea Minerals Buyers Beware! Misleading Refill Policy! Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

Buyers Beware! The sales gimmick might catch your attention, but there are things the sales people do not tell you about that you may want to know. I was walking through the mall, when a salesmen began talking to me. I wanted to leave, but of course, I felt rude and decided to let him do his pitch. By the end of his little demonstration (of which I knew was a little BS), I ultimately decided that I would give the Vivo per Lei Day Moisturizer Cream and the Peeling Face Mask a try. The guy not surprisingly wanted to give me a "deal": $70 for the two.

Overall, the products are fine (besides being rediculously overpriced, and I bet there are different prices and "deals" for different customers depending on how hard they want to sell the products). So no complaints on the products themselves.

The man even told me that these products are guaranteed for 2 years! I questioned him more about this because it seemed a little unconventional. He said that I could come back and get refills as much as I need within 2 years with my receipt. He even showed me some empty containers that others had exchanged. So I felt a little more comfortable buying since I would be able to get refills and didn't have to worry about running out. BOY WAS I WRONG!

As soon as i look at my receipt when I get in my car I see, "Refills will be given once after 6 months from the date of purchasing accompanied with sales receipt and sales package." I made my purchase in late August 2012. I thought, "okay how can they make a guarantee that this will last for 2 years if they will only refill the container once, and only do so after you have owned it for 6 months??" Now it is December and I have run out of the day moisturizer! I went to the mall hoping that they would honor the verbal promise the salesman had made regarding endless refills.... I knew what the receipt said, but I was hoping that they would help me anyway. NOPE. The lady said I would have to wait til the 6 months had passed. She even tried to sell me more product!

I understand that policies are policies, but this salesman blantantly LIED to me to get me to buy the product. Now I have no day cream left and even after the 6 months pass, it can only be assumed that I will run out of product again, but with no refills again.

If you are considering buying these products, please know that the salesman my make false promises that are not backed up by the store's policies!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oro-Gold/Wauwatosa-Wisconsin-/Oro-Gold-Viva-per-Lei-Dead-Sea-Minerals-Buyers-Beware-Misleading-Refill-Policy-Wauwatosa-983002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oro Gold