Complaint Review: Oros Saddlery

• Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Kelly — yorkville Illinois United States of America
Oros Saddlery
1931 West Wilson Street Batavia Batavia, Illinois United States of America

Oros Saddlery Gail Do NOT do a consignment sale here!!! They are over priced and sooo rude-Gail actually told me to "SHUT UP" when all I was doing was trying to get reimbursed for my saddle that sold here!!! Batavia, Illinois

I used to shop here all of the time as my daughter is in the hunter/jumper discipline.  I know that they are WAY OVERPRICED compared to Dover but it was closer to my house.  I will NEVER go there again and neither will anybody at my barn or any of my friends after the way that I was treated by 2 of their employees.  I had my saddle on for sale on consignment.  The saddle sold on a Saturday.  The girl told me that the owner is out of town and that Gail will be in contact with me the following day regarding payment.  I never got a call the next day.  I called and left a message, again with no return call.  I finally got a hold of Gail on Tuesday-she said that she would text the owner and get back to me.  Needless to say-she never called me back.  I felt as if I was being strung along and it is incredibly unprofessional to not call back a customer, after repeatedly being told that you will.  I expressed my frustrations to Gail-telling her that I do not understand how I can't even get a call back regarding the sale of my saddle? They got their $$, why is it such a process to get mine.  She put me on hold and went to another phone in the store (I could tell by the lack of background noise)- she picked up the phone and said "Listen you just need to SHUT UP".  She said "we can pay you for your saddle whenever we want to."  I was up hauled to say the least at the way that she spoke to me!! I said that I did not disrespect you or speak to you that way... what gives you the right to speak to me that way?  She said "Oh well, I was just beating you to the punch"  Really? I do not understand how a business can have an employee that is verbally abusive to the customers.  Finally, a week later I did receive a check in the mail for the saddle but I had to go through hoops to get it.  Gail just cost that store thousands of $$-I just hope that the owner knows how her business is ran when she is out of town!!

My daughter's trainer went to the store to exchange a bit that I had purchased for my pony...the girl with dirty blonde hair and glasses told my trainer that I made a fool of myself in the store because I asked for help in finding this twisted bit.  I am not familiar with every kind of bit and I should not be talked about that I am a fool because I asked for help.

So unless you enjoy to be criticised for asking for help, HIGHLY overpaying for EVERYTHING in the store, and being disrespected- DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!   Dover's staff, pricing and a much larger selection makes it worth the drive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oros-Saddlery/Batavia-Illinois-60560/Oros-Saddlery-Gail-Do-NOT-do-a-consignment-sale-here-They-are-over-priced-and-sooo-rud-1000638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oros Saddlery