surrender

• Submitted: Mon, May 01, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 11, 2011

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Ortho Mattress
8161 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Ortho Mattress Company, Ortho Mattress, Sold me a defective mattress for $2000.00 and will not exchange Ripoff Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Apology

My fiancee and I walked into Ortho Mattress to purchase a mattress and have been lied to and deceived from the second we walked in the door. We purchased a mattress for $2000.00. The mattress HORRIBLY uncomfortable and had a HUGE dent in it. It took them 2 MONTHS! to get an inspector out- he found that the mattress WAS defective. Again it took them WEEKS to get us a new mattress. The second mattress did the exact same thing. We informed them of the situation again and they refuse to do anything about it. So, they have basically told me and my fiancee that we are supposed to sleep on a ridiculously uncomfortable mattress that we paid $2000.00 for. All we were asking is for a comletley different mattress- not the same style, and they wouldn't do it. We weren't even trying to get out money back. It is the WORST company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

Kellie
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2006 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ortho-Mattress/Los-Angeles-California-90048/Ortho-Mattress-Company-Ortho-Mattress-Sold-me-a-defective-mattress-for-200000-and-will-189384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ortho Mattress

Corporate Apology

AUTHOR: Ortho Mattress - (United States of America)

I would like to Apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you. I'd like to offer you a free
mattress inspection by a certified mattress inspection company. Once the inspection has been done and if your mattress is deemed to be defective, Ortho Mattress will replace your mattress for another mattress of equal value. Simply call Ortho's Warranty Department @ 888-499-6784.

Cordially,
Ortho Mattress Customer Service Representative.