Complaint Review: Osterman Jewelers/Sterling Jewelers, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2008

• Reported By:Enon Ohio
Osterman Jewelers/Sterling Jewelers, Inc.
Fairfield Commons Mall Beavercreek, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 937-4264885
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

Osterman Jewelers/ Sterling Jewelers, Inc. Service Ripoff Beavercreek Ohio

I purchased a watch for my son for graduation in 2006 and the battery died in May 2008. On May 24, 2008, I went to Osterman to have them change the battery as I have for another watch I own. They told me it had to be pressurized after the battery was changed. They charged me $45 up front for the battery & pressurization and said they would call when it was ready. Today, June 25, 2008, I called to see if it was ready, they said the crown needed to be replaced another gasket, battery and pressurized. For this service they wanted another $95! I paid $200 for the timepiece in 06! Now it's going to take another week for the watch to make it back to the store so I can pick it up without repairs. When I balked at the price, the girl said that the price of everything has gone up. There's a difference between inflation and gouging.

Norm
Enon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Osterman-JewelersSterling-Jewelers-Inc/Beavercreek-Ohio/Osterman-Jewelers-Sterling-Jewelers-Inc-Service-Ripoff-Beavercreek-Ohio-343994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Osterman Jewelers/Sterling Jewelers, Inc.