Complaint Review: Osterman Propane

• Reported By: Linda — Groton Connecticut United States of America
Osterman Propane
7 Enterprise Lane Oakdale, Connecticut United States of America

Osterman Propane Price gouging Oakdale, Connecticut

Osterman Propane is the company from which I have been purchasing my heating fuel since 2002.  For the past two deliveries of fuel approximately one year ago, I was charged a staggering $4.999 per gallon.  Since I felt this price was exceptionally high, I asked a couple of friends to call Osterman to request a price per gallon quote.  Each was quoted a price of $2.399 per gallon.

I immediately called Osterman to complain and was told that due to my low consumption they were allowed to charge me the higher price.  I explained that my usage is low due to my inability to afford to use more and that I kept my thermostat between 50-60 degrees.  I also complained about the last delivery they made to my home as it was long before I needed a delivery.

I have now been unemployed for over six months and am in need of another delivery of fuel.  I called Osterman to get a quote of the price per gallon and was again quoted $4.999 per gallon.  I explained that I have been out of work for over six months and greatly resented being charged this price since my low consumption is simply due to my inability to consume a higher volume.

I was told this pricing is industry standard to which I voiced my extreme frustration as I am being billed more because essentially I am too poor to pay more.  Due to the current economy, there is no doubt I am not the only person in this situation.  I simply cannot accept that this is allowable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Osterman-Propane/Oakdale-Connecticut-06370/Osterman-Propane-Price-gouging-Oakdale-Connecticut-818540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Osterman Propane