Complaint Review: Otis Home Center And The Sagging Sealy Mattress!!!

• Submitted: Thu, August 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 21, 2008

• Reported By:Kingsport Tennessee
Otis Home Center And The Sagging Sealy Mattress!!!
312 Armstrong Road Rogersville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Otis Home Center Sealy MatressOtis Home Center, Sealy Matress CompanyOtis Home Center Sealy Matress CompanyOtis Home Center And The Sagging Sealy Mattress!!! Otis Home Center and Sealy Matress Rogersville Tennessee

I purchased I Sealy Gilbrook Plush queen mattress from Otis Home Center on 04/13/07. This matress is now and has been for several months totally unacceptible to sleep on. The sales person I purchased the mattress set from said if I every had a problem it would be covered without any pro rate. I called Otis Home Center to come and inspect the mattress after being very patient for them to be in my area without making a special trip. Two very young men with what looked like a cell phone camera came and took pictures of the mattress. I explained to them they needed to lay on the mattress to see the problem and they would not. The mattress sags very bad with with weight on it plus the box springs squeak and pop. I got a call from them stating that they sent to pictures to Sealy and they would not warranty it unless it shows visable body indentations of at least 1.5 inches and hoped the problem didn't get any worse. I sent a complaint to the BBB which was a big waste of time as I found out after reading of other consumer experiences that others have had with them.I also left my name and phone number with the store owner to come for a second inspection for the squeaking box spring's and he never called back. The only answer he seems to know is my reputatuon speaks for itself and he also states that the consumer is wrong 99% of the time. I would like to warn anyone thinking of doing business with Otis Home Center or Sealy, (BUYER BEWARE). I also called Sealy and all they do is refer you back to the retailer who is not interested in customer service in any way.

Deanna
Kingsport, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2008 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Otis-Home-Center-And-The-Sagging-Sealy-Mattress/Rogersville-Tennessee-37857/Otis-Home-Center-Sealy-MatressOtis-Home-Center-Sealy-Matress-CompanyOtis-Home-Center-Seal-365590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Otis Home Center And The Sagging Sealy Mattress!!!

bold