Complaint Review: Ottmans Home Services

• Phone: 978-9930086
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Ottmans Home Services VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY ripoff Internet

*General Comment: American Honor, John Ottmann's new "company"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: HAPPY ENDING

*Author of original report: OTTMANS HOMESERVICES - JOHN OTTMAN - A LIAR

*Author of original report: OTTMANS HOMESERVICES - JOHN OTTMAN - A LIAR

*UPDATE Employee: This person was terminated from my company

Worked with this company from home here in the Philippines for $1.50 per hour. After working with them up to Oct 28,2006, to date they have not wired my payment of less than $50 for 30 hours of work. They are giving me the runaround but when told that they cannot do that to me because i work in bank & i know the process, so stop making excuses, the payroll-in-charge, Laura, e-mailed me & told me she will not pay me any money. I have proof of that e-mail. The president, Mr. John Ottman, who i was dealing with, despite follow ups & requests, does not reply to my messages.

I don't know if this report can bring me anywhere but what I know is that this practice should be stopped. And soon. They are not getting Virtual Assistants from the US because of low pay & i think because they can somehow get practically free services from Virtual Assistants if they continue to do this.

To date, they are still advertising in Philippine jobsites but as a blind ad.

Ripped off Filipina
Manila
Philippines

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2006 05:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ottmans-Home-Services/internet/Ottmans-Home-Services-VIRTUAL-ASSISTANTS-BEWARE-OF-THIS-COMPANY-ripoff-Internet-221192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ottmans Home Services

#1 General Comment

American Honor, John Ottmann's new "company"

AUTHOR: Teban ug Goliat - (Philippines)

Actually, this man is still operating in the Philippines, in the city of Cebu. He founded the company (if you can call it that) American Honor (ironically, the company really has no honor, including the owner of course) together with Mr. Edgette Hillimire. Although the company's name has changed, the nature of business is still the same. He's still into facilities maintenance services; hiring technicians from the US for repair jobs and getting Filipinos as employees. Read the following statements from a former (by the sound of it) employee of Mr. Ottmann's company.

"They should also include American Honor in their investigation. This company is a fraud.

American Honors customers are Facility Maintenance Companies; companies that handle facility repairs in chain stores such as, KFC, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, and so forth. American Honor's ruse is to make their customers believe that they (the customers) are actually helping the veterans find work by hiring American Honor as one of their contractors.

Fact 1: American Honor does not have any repair person, handyman, electrician, and so forth as their employees.

Fact 2: American Honor does not help veterans in any way. The company does not give any donations to the veterans nor hires any veterans for the repair jobs.

Question 1: So, how does American Honor complete the jobs given by the customers when they dont have any repair technician(s)?

Answer: First, they search for cheap technicians and repairmen over the internet. Most of the time, they use craigslist or call various stores to search for known techs in the area.

Second, after finding a technician, they setup the repair appointment and coordinate with the customer and the store where the broken facility is located.

Lastly, after the repair is complete, they now send a QA survey call for the store to inquire if the store has any feedback about the job performed by the American Honor tech. Deliberately misleading their customers into believing that it was one of American Honors techs/veterans who completed the repair job.

Question 2: How does the company make profit then?

Answer: They make profit by subcontracting cheap technicians (usually from craigslist) and overcharging their FMC customers.

Let us assume that there is an electrical repair job, and the NottoExceed (NTE) amount is $300.

What Mr. Ottmann does is look for a tech thats willing to do the job say, for $50 or less. If he can find a tech and if the tech completes the job, then he already earned more or less $250 using nothing but his swindling skills. Mr. John Ottmann is the mastermind behind all this and
hes very, very, very good at his craft (if thats what youd call it). And from what I have read, it seems Ottmann also scams the repair person and refuses to pay them.

Simple isnt it? Thats how their scam works.

Mr. John Ottmann is currently in Cebu City, Philippines, trying to establish a satellite branch of American Honor. The company is not registered and is illegally operating in that country today.

PS: Help us spread this message so that we can stop this con-man. Me and my colleagues already filed cases against this man, we are hoping that the agencies in the US can help us stop this man, too. He's been scamming a lot of American handymen/technicians and Filipino VAs. Share this site to your friends and colleagues. Let's not allow this man to fool another person--Filipino or American."

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Tlf412 - (U.S.A.)

this was a few years ago, ITS NOW 2009 AND THEY ARE STILL SCAMMING WITH THE SAME BULLCRAP!!!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

HAPPY ENDING

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I know our company acted responsible in this matter
I think there was misunderstandings and miscommunications.
Please read the e-mail below:

From: Sarie (((REDACTED)))
[mailto:(((ROR REDACTED E-MAIL ADDRESS)))]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 12:38 AM
To: Ottmans
Subject: RE: Your Money
Importance: High

Hi, John.

Belated Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

I contacted PNB Head Office & they have the remittance. However, I have not visited the PNB Almanza Branch where I should pick up the remittance because that would entail me taking a leave from my office which I cannot yet do at this point in time. There are a lot of job to do in the office and I cannot yet take a leave.

I shall keep you posted once there are problems and once I already got it.

Thank you. J

have a great & productive day,

OTTMANS HOMESERVICES - JOHN OTTMAN - A LIAR

AUTHOR: Sarie - (Philippines)

This guy, Mr. Ottman knows that i am working in a bank even on my first day as evidenced by our Yahoo Messenger conversation below (please note that time & date is Manila time):
====================
ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 8:57:58 AM): how was ur 1st day?

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 8:59:01 AM): good. trying to get the hang of it with arlene's help. i'm in the office right now. with my day job work at the bank. i also told arlene that i've got lots of suggestions as far as tracking is concerned including e-mail concerns. did he mention that to you?

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 8:59:24 AM): yes that sounded good

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:00:01 AM): and it will be very professional too because we get to carry the ottmans name plus all e-mails are signed digitally.

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:00:23 AM): oh yes that sounds good

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:00:50 AM): u had aasked about pay did u discuss w/ arlene?

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:02:31 AM): she did not give me the whole scenario only the remittance system. since i am working in a bank, i could make it easier & cheaper both for your associates here in the Phils & you as the remitter as compared to western union

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:02:52 AM): diid u get any updates to the sheet?

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:03:03 AM): she did not tell me though how much you'll be giving.

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:03:14 AM): yes that sounded good the pnb system is $7-10 per transaction

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:03:26 AM): do u have a correspondence bank in usa

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:03:32 AM): or a branch office

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:03:51 AM): yes i did. i gave it to arlene for checking. however most of the e-mail you sent me are already updated so i just highlighted the items to show her where it was supposed to be placed to show that i understood how i should go about updating

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:04:21 AM): yes we do have. where are you exactly located so i could also give you the exact address & the fees.

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:04:25 AM): very good u did very well on ur first day

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:04:59 AM): i have an act sytem set up so i can reansfwer into any bank electronicallly

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:05:04 AM): sorry ach

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:05:13 AM): auto clearing house

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:05:31 AM): transfer

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:06:07 AM): i pay most of my guys that way in the usa it works very well 24-48 hrs

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:06:16 AM): oh does that mean that your fees are lower already? then that's great. all we have to do is to ask your associates here to open an account at minimal fee because according to arlene, PNB charges them $100 to open a savings account.

iam_sarie (10/26/2006 9:06:54 AM): paying within USA is almost always easier than wire transfers overseas, don't you think?

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:08:49 AM): oh yes no question that is why i wanted to ach money to a us branch or correspondent bank and have it for the"benefit of" so it can be credited to the persons acct abnd they have access to the monies

Working with a day job, Manila time, does not matter at all because we work in a different time zone. And who am I to give threats? I am just a simple individual who wants to earn a decent keep. If not, i would not even think of working at night - EST - and wake up the next morning to do my day job for eight hours again!

Obviously, WHAT HE IS SAYING IS A LIE!
Who wouldn't want to get paid when because of the invalid account number, or so they claim, has been the cause of the delay of the remittance? I am ammenable to what they like (getting it from the nearest bank of their choice) but i have to tell them that: (1) i have been receiving remittances from the States using the same account number & have not experienced any problem; (2) have to tell them that the pay they will give me is not in accordance with the time sheet i submitted; & (3) they cannot give me the runaround because i know the process, i work in a bank. Instead, the Laura girl sent me this:

From:
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:59:30 +0800
Subject: Re: Receipt for your payment.
I'm not paying you any more money...forget it

Bottom line of this is - IT'S NOT ACTUALLY THE MONEY ANYMORE. IT'S THEIR INTEGRITY.
Can you imagine luring individuals from Manila to work for them & not paying them if they feel like not paying them? In fact, one of the employees who worked with them had a hard time getting her pay from them, too. Not after all the discussions through YM with this LAURA.

In fact, up to this point, they still are advertising in the Philippines Craigslist, Manila & Cebu, blind ad, though. They are not Virtual Assistants anymore but EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, MARKETING COORDINATOR or ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT. My question is - why get employees from the Philippines when, as they say they are having a hard time wiring salaries?

READERS - IT'S UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT. I REALLY DON'T CARE IF I GET THE MONEY I'VE WORKED FOR. I JUST WANT TO WARN PEOPLE OUT THERE HOW THIS COMPANY TREATS THEIR EMPLOYEES. THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL. INTEGRITY IS IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE A BUSINESS. AN EX-EMPLOYEE OF MR. OTTMAN CAN VOUCH FOR THIS(who unfortunately is a Filipina, too). YOU HAVE MISJUDGED US, MR. OTTMAN - SPECIALLY YOUR LAURA.

OTTMANS HOMESERVICES - JOHN OTTMAN - A LIAR

AUTHOR: Sarie - (Philippines)

====================
ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 8:57:58 AM): how was ur 1st day?

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 8:59:24 AM): yes that sounded good

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:00:23 AM): oh yes that sounds good

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:03:32 AM): or a branch office

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:05:04 AM): sorry ach

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:05:13 AM): auto clearing house

ottmanshomeservices (10/26/2006 9:05:31 AM): transfer

Obviously, WHAT HE IS SAYING IS A LIE!

From:
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:59:30 +0800
Subject: Re: Receipt for your payment.
I'm not paying you any more money...forget it

This person was terminated from my company

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

This person was terminated when it was discovered she was working at a bank and trying to do the work I assigned while she was being paid by the bank. I agreed to pay her for the time she spent training as a good faith gesture. When I tried to transfer money into her bank account I was informed it was an INVALID ACCOUNT #. A copy of this is below:

Mr. Ottman,

Please be informed that your remittance for Ms. Sarlyn sent 11/9/2006 was not successful. RCBC has returned the funds to our branch in Manila for the reason of INVALID ACCOUNT. Please double check the account number and advice us what you would like done to this specific transaction.

PNBRCI WRS Support

This person was informed of this transaction and then she tried to get even more money out of my company by making threats. I had asked her to check out her number or I could have her pick up the money at a local branch. She was advised she was not going to be paid any more money that she demanded and we were not going to pay additional monies to transfer money to her when she had given us the wrong information. She could have picked up her money at PNB, but she refused to do this.