Complaint Review: Ottonavi

• Reported By: abrg — Bluford Illinois United States of America
Ottonavi
955 monterey park Monterey Park ca. Internet United States of America

Ottonavi automotive in dash stereo, gps touch screen , Internet

I got one of their in dash gps/stereo with rear view camera, it would not work right returned it to an online store which is a  different outlet other than Ottonavi itself that takes things back within 30 days they took it back no questions asked ..
Then reordered a different one from a different supplier since they had no more in stock and indicated either they were discontinuing the unit or it was backordered it seemed to work or at least the back up camera and stereo worked on this one. ,
 But there were no directions included and it took a couple of weeks to figure out that it did not work right it has a lot of features and using the GPS I thought I was doing something wrong until the Gps card got so hot when I slightly touched it turning the knob it is right above the volume knob and it was so hot that it blistered the tip of my finger.
I called Ottonavi wanted to return it and was told instead to down load a new map and put it on an sd card that something must be wrong with the sd card  that came with it. There policy stated are they will refund within 30 days but they have a restocking fee. I decided after trying to download and it sort of working until turned off on several maps I made copies of to just take the restocking loss and return it I had originally contacted them well within the 30 days but they were slow to respond at first.I found a phone number and called them and was told to download their map was sent a link to download it from their sever which is a 2 day process it took almost 24 hours and I have high speed internet their server apparently is a dial up server.

Now after them putting me off on trying more than one thing other than the map to try I ended up deciding to return it for refund and was told I could not return it now for refund because it was past the 30 days. But they were giving me a free back up camera for my trouble I do not need a camera I have a much better camera than they sell.
They say I can only exchange it for a different unit... I sent it back I had to pay shipping almost 40 dollars with insurance and have proof of delivery. They promised a new unit that is their policy posted on their web page that they send new units and do not repair your return. I was promised it would go out to me and they would send a tracking number. Still waiting I guess they have not sent it or they do not intend to now another weekend without. I will try to protest the charge on my credit card now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 04:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ottonavi/internet/Ottonavi-automotive-in-dash-stereo-gps-touch-screen-Internet-979414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ottonavi