Complaint Review: Ourisman Honda Of Laurel

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 05, 2012

• Reported By:Bowie Maryland
Ourisman Honda Of Laurel
3371 Fort Meade Rd Laurel, Maryland U.S.A.

Ourisman Honda Of Laurel They don't honor their word or care about customer service at all!! Laurel Maryland

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: A Word of Advice

*Author of original report: UPDATE

When I purchased my 2003 Honda Accord 1 1/2 years ago I was only given one key(that was chipped where the key was set in the plastic that holds the computer chip), my Mom specifically requested a 2nd key be provided with the cost of the car and was told bythe finance person Mr. Abdul that we would be provided with one. When I picked up my tags I asked as to when I would recieve my key that was ordered at the service department only to be told that one was not ordered under my nor my mother's name. As my mother handled all of the details of the purchase, I went home and told her I did not recieve it. I did not make sure she called and handled it and over the course of the time I have had the car the metal part of the key that goes into the ignition came out of the piece that was already chipped when I purchased it. My mom called the dealership and talked to Mr. Parme, the used car MANAGER, and was told I could bring the car in and he would give me a discount. He advised me to talk to Mr. Campbell(the service MANAGER) once I arrived there and to tell him to call him on his cell phone because as he would be at an auction all day. I did as stated when I arrived and was told by Mr. Campbell once he called him that Mr. Parme was going to come and see me, at first he acted as if he didn't even remember my Mom calling.

He comes to the service department and treats me as if I am poor trash trying to dupe him for a free key after he said I was going to recieve a discount. He offers to take $5 dollars off of the price and pretty much tries to make it seem as if I am lying and then when I gave him the finance persons name then all he has to say is well do you have it in writing. I have worked in customer service and feel that he needs to be trained for someone who is a manager he lacks diplomacy and honorability as a person. My mom calls him back after I call and tell her of the encounter and he accused her and me over the phone of tryingto just get a free key. I just wanted some type of consideration as a customer for the promise of the second key that was made to us by Mr. Abdul. After much arguing he then tells another service person over the phone to tell Mr. Campbell to take off whatever he could.

He never apologized for his rude treatment and I feel that because I am an African American woman in my 20's that he treated me as he did. Then when I purchased the key the service techs messed up my remote start and are now telling me that I have to pay for it because it is after market. I don't feel I should pay for something that they messed, it worked before I bought them my car and so they should have made sure it worked when I got it back. I was told by Mr. Campbell that it's not his responsibilty and that I have to incur the cost to repair it. The remote start was on the car when I purchased it from them two years ago so I don't even begin to know who it is by. He also made his techs look incompetent by saying they did not know how to repair it. They should have a better standard of customer care then what they have and I would not advise anyone to purchase from them as they will treat you like you are beneath them and lie and say what they need to in order for you to sign on the dotted line.

Reet25
Bowie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2007 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ourisman-Honda-Of-Laurel/Laurel-Maryland-20724/Ourisman-Honda-Of-Laurel-They-dont-honor-their-word-or-care-about-customer-service-at-all-274255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ourisman Honda Of Laurel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

A Word of Advice

AUTHOR: Justigurrl - (United States of America)

Hello, I worked higher up in this company for "quite some time."  And yes, the person with whom you dealt had terrible customer service skills, as do some in this company. But there are still many who are great employees.  It is a shame these bad ones - who really stand out - are ignored so often by management. And they are.  What I want to say is this.  There are many many customers who do, in fact, flat out lie in order to get things for free or replacements for things that they, through their own negligence, lost or broke.  Sorry, but it happens often, and these losses just cannot be absorbed by the dealership.  If you understood it from their side you would see that it would be an absolute business killer considering all of the other business losses that dealerships do and have suffered, especially in this economy.

But let me get off that soapbox.  You were treated horribly and that should have never happened.  In the FUTURE, you and everyone else, take this ONE PIECE OF ADVICE ALWAYS to protect yourself - READY?

GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!  Dealerships use what they call an I.O.U. or WE OWE YOU or something like that.  Have that in your grubby little hand before you ever leave.  In fact, ANYTHING that ANY SALESMAN or MANAGER or FINANCE PERSON TELLS YOU should ALSO BE IN WRITING!!!!

I can't tell you how many times (gazillions!) I heard the complaints of "I WAS TOLD" -- yet -- guess what?

Folks, learning the hard way is okay.  As long as ya learn.

Namaste.

(BTW, did you know those keys cost over $100???)

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Reet25 - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to make a correction to the service managers name it is Mr. Carroll not Campbell.