Complaint Review: Ourstage.com

• Updated: Thu, August 21, 2014

• Reported By: Mei — East Hoathly
Ourstage.com
Internet USA

Ourstage.com Failure to pay out $100 Amazon prize as promised - still waiting after 8 months! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Issue resolved

I won first prize in the Ourstage.com Ambient/Chillout channel competition in Dec 2013. I was notified in January 2014. I responded to Heather - Prize co-ordinator's email and was told I would get the $100 Amazon gift card code within 6 months. I have sent 3 emails to Heather as I have heard nothing, and have had no response. It is now 8 and half months since I won with no news of when I will recieve my hard earned prize. My loyal listeners spent time registering with Ourstage in order to go through the voting process, and Ourstage.com was plugged on various social network sites gaining them more exposure.

I feel cheated, and lied to. All I would like it my prize!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2014 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ourstagecom/internet/Ourstagecom-Failure-to-pay-out-100-Amazon-prize-as-promised-still-waiting-after-8-mo-1171344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ourstage.com

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: Heather - ()

We received an email from this user and resolved her legitimate complaint with a prompt payment, but we assume that the above report was filed before that occurred.

OurStage makes every effort to award prizes as soon as possible, but we ask users to allow time to process the prize. However, in the last year, we became very backlogged in prizing and fell short of our own guidelines on promtness of payment. We communicated this via email to all artists owed prizes, and have always intended to take care of all of them. We maintain that there is absolutely no lying or cheating on our part, however frustrating it may be to wait for a hard-earned prize. By way of explanation, the delay stemmed from some financial challenges, followed by transitional work that occurred when OurStage was acquired by a new owner, Amazing Media, who are now working hard to right these delays.

In this case, we truly regret and take full responsibility for having missed prior emails sent in by the user. We deal with thousands of incoming emails each week and simply did not realize we were neglecting her communication. When we received her recent email, we responded and resolved the situation immediately.