Complaint Review: Outback Rewards

• Submitted: Tue, October 16, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Cindy in Hawthorne — Hawthorne California United States of America
Outback Rewards

Outback Rewards Don't Waste Your Time Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is SO true. I wondered if anyone else was feeling my frustration with Outback

*Consumer Suggestion: Other Possible Options For Outback Rewards

The food at Outback restaurants has always been excellent.  My husband & I are very happy with that.  However, the Rewards program is not worth your time.  Every time I submit a receipt I receive an e-mail weeks later saying the codes are invalid.  I have sent pictures of the "invalid" receipt in order to convince them that their Rewards system is the one that is invalid.  Since it has happened every time and since I have regularly interacted with Customer Service over the past year trying to get them to correct each one, yet new ones are still coming back "invalid," I conclude that Outback INTENTIONALLY rejects valid receipts in the hope that the user has thrown the evidence away and can no longer prove the numbers are correct.  At the very least, they have demonstrated no motivation to fix this problem.   Combine that with the fact that the Rewards require so many points to obtain the smallest item, it is really not worth anyone's time.  Don't waste the time I have wasted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Outback-Rewards/internet/Outback-Rewards-Dont-Waste-Your-Time-Internet-955988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Outback Rewards

AUTHOR: Bennermd - ()

The reward program is a complete JOKE!

I wonder how many others are experiencing this same frustration? My guess is that there are many others but but chose not to mention it - not worth their time.

I submitted another reward codes and received the same reply from outback... --------- Hi _______,

Here are the results of your recent code submissions:

We have found errors with the following codes and subtotals. Please check your codes and try again.

CODE: 85346005106030

SUBTOTAL: 35.98

REASON: Invalid code

Thank you for eating at Outback Steakhouse!

Return to My Outback Rewards to view your account, enter more codes and redeem your points: www.myoutbackrewards.com

Please do not respond to this email. If you need further assistance, please contact us at customerservice@myoutbackrewards.com. ----------- And this was one of our smallest tabs...my husband and I usually spend well over $50.00 per visit.

This reward program is a joke ... it's just wrong .... Horrible customer relations.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Other Possible Options For Outback Rewards

AUTHOR: voski.yeva - (United States of America)

I agree, the food at Outback in my experience has always been very good. I generally always have a very good overall dining experience there as well. That's really unfortuante you weren't able to properly use the rewards program, but I bet Outback would probably be willing to work around this in other ways.

There probably is some bug in their online rewards system that produces errors like the ones you were describing. With that in mind though, I bet the GM at your local Outback might work something out with you to where you don't have to use the online system to redeem your points. It seems like you frequent the same Outback fairly often, so it would probably be pretty easy to establish a personal relationship with the GM.

When I worked in the restaurant industry, my GM was very kind, and often went out of his way to help out the regular patrons. I think if you explained to the GM how you are a loyal customer, and can't properly redeem your rewards points online, he might provide a way to keep track of your points there to redeem at his/her store. It's worth a shot!