Theyll

• Reported By: Anonymous —
Outdoors Northwest magazine
Seattle, Washington USA

Outdoors Northwest Outdoors NW Seattle Washington

I was an outside advertising salesperson for Price Media (Outdoors NW magazine) for eight years. I had the highest revenue of the team, even exceeding publishers Carolyn Price and Greg Price, despite the fact that they had better access to advertising clients and sales leads than anyone else. I was repeatedly asked by Carolyn to “never quit” working for them because of the revenue I generated and the connections I’d established. She and Greg complimented my work on several occasions. I also saw them occasionally outside of work, and considered them friends.

After eight years of working for them, they apparently decided to scale back on the sales team to inside sales reps only. They did not bother to tell me this, or offer me an opportunity to take an inside position. I found out through my advertising clients when I called them to check in. [continued below]....

..... My clients and the other Outdoors NW staff knew about it before I did! Neither Greg nor Carolyn has ever formally told me I no longer worked for them, or what motivated their decision. My attempts to speak to them were unsuccessful. I received my final check and that was the end of it.

Through the publishing grapevine I have been told that other employees and contractors have been replaced without being notified by the Prices.  There are rumored to be some serious financial problems plaguing the business. Carolyn and Greg view themselves as a friendly, small publisher that conducts itself with “honesty and integrity” as opposed to its large corporate competitors, but that’s not the reality, at least not now. Very shoddy way to treat people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Outdoors-Northwest-magazine/Seattle-Washington/Outdoors-Northwest-Outdoors-NW-Seattle-Washington-1049921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Outdoors Northwest magazine