Complaint Review: Outlet Cancun Travel

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: Steve T — Woodinville Washington
Outlet Cancun Travel
Internet USA

Outlet Cancun Travel **BUYER BEWARE** OUTLET CANCUN TRAVEL - Bait and SWITCH Cancun, Mexico Internet

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Company Explaination

*Author of original report: Update and the truth

*UPDATE Employee: This is the actual story.

*Consumer Comment: Additional Party

We went to book a trip with Outlet Cancun Travel after they offered us a special to come to Secret Capri. After booking with them and putting it on my American Express card the story changed. Then now told us they couldn’t guarantee our stay at secrets capri but it could be at another report. They offered us several hundred dollars in vouchers as an incentive to book. Now they said they couldn’t offer it even tho it was in our paperwork. They told us that we had to sit on a presentation at the secrets resort but now it was at a different resort and went from a couple hours to a 1/2 day. Upon complaining to Ultimate Vacation Club they then called us to say they were going to cancel the trip. But now 60 days later they are refusing to refund our money even tho we didn’t go on the trip. There are many other lies that they told us and they keep giving us the run around. I have reported them to American Express as well.

Do Not do business with these guys. They will bait and switch on you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2014 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Outlet-Cancun-Travel/internet/Outlet-Cancun-Travel-BUYER-BEWARE-OUTLET-CANCUN-TRAVEL-Bait-and-SWITCH-Cancun-Mex-1158797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Outlet Cancun Travel

UPDATE

AUTHOR: - ()

**UPDATE**  As of March 2015 Outlet Cancun Travel has agreed to refund our money. We have received response from their owners and managers. We are glad that the company has made it right.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Company Explaination

AUTHOR: Outlet Cancun - ()

I am a Marketing Manager for Outlet Cancun Travel and I would like to comment on what Jason Fagan states. This can be confirmed by the U.S. Operations Manager for Secrets Resorts Mr. Jerry Kruytz, tel. 305-596-3320 ext. 2109.  To begin, Mr. Fagan did not provide the correct information to the verification agent for the Secrets Resorts, which is recorded and available for review.  Mr. Fagan does not stat and omits correct information, including that he was to receive $500 in coupons for Spa Credit.  We have never and did not offer $500 in Spa credit or coupons. We only give two 90 minute Spa Treatments if available.

Another important point is that, David who is the director of the company, spoke with Jason Fagan in the beginning, and promised to do everything possible to get them Secrets Capri for 3 couples because as stated earlier and in the terms and conditions document Mr. Fagan and all our customers sign, our discounted packages are NOT FOR GROUPS traveling together for the SAME RESORT.  If so requested, the other passengers would pay the additional fee that is much more expensive than the promotional rate ($869usd).  But  Mr. Fagan, Mr. Tlacki and Mr. Callahan did not want to pay more than $869usd, so David told them he would do everything possible to reduce the rate and enter them at the same hotel.

Remarkably enough, David achieved this!! But thanks to Mr. Fagan comments during Secrets welcome call and the other parties comments, were they where asking the Secrets verifier amenities that we HAD NOT OFFERED (INCLUDING THE HOTEL THAT WAS NOT BE OFFERED: Secrets Maroma) which is more expensive than Capri and Secrets Silversands.  Mr. Fagan, and other parties were 100% aware of what was included and the hotels that would be assigned.  But Mr. Fagan and Parties wanted to get more out of this situation and therefore the reservations were not approved for the reasons mentioned above.  This is the correct occurance of this situation.  And our company should not be jugded from false statements from a one disgruntled customer out of thousands of satisfied customers.

The following is the comments of the Sales Agent that initially sold Mr. Fagan and party our package:

"Steven and 2 other couples booked at a deeply discounted rate to go to Secrets Capri with our unlimited Luxury package that we have offered for over 3 years now. After he and his friends paid for the packages all separately with Amex credit cards around 2 months later the had there dates which was during low season and would be absolutely no problem to book all of the at that time.

The problem was they wanted to upgrade for free to Secrets Maroma which is a Ultra Luxury Resort and cost thousands of dollars more and we have never offered this resort thru our company. So they threatened us with posting negative things about out company if we did not cover the cost and book there reservation at Secrets Maroma Ultra Luxury Resorts.

It would be obvious to the general public that if a major company like ours was baiting and switching our valued guest there would be a lot of more negitive comments then just some cheap person trying to take advantage of a hard working legit organization. Its just simply wrong, and to add, American Express refunds 100% all transactions promptly and they are the preferred credit card to use for all travelers."

Update and the truth

AUTHOR: Steve T - ()

As anyone can tell this is not the case from outlet Cancun travel. In fact american express today has yet to refund us our money as outlet Cancun travel is fighting it with them. All we want is a refund on this "package" they sold us. The package comes as an email that they sent our friends as our friend have stayed at a secrets resort before. They must get the secrets mailing list. Then they promise you a great deal with all these extra and all you have you have to do is sit thru a short time share pitch. They immediately send you documents to sign and collect payment. Once you pay they have you and will not allow you to "cancel" or refund your money even if they don't live up to their end of the deal...

Here are a few of their lies:

1) the told us we would get 2 90 minute spa vouchers at secrets Capri. Upon booking and paying this went away when we asked for it in writing. They told us now that it wasn't at secrets but another resort. Lie #1

2) they told the 3 couples all booking together that we could travel together as a group. This was also found to be false when UVC called each of us to confirm our vacation. Lie #2

3) when UVC contacted us to book they then told us they couldnt guarantee that we would stay at secrets Capri as we wanted. outlet Cancun travel said we had booked a vacation there and now when UVC contacted us it was not the truth. Lie #3

4) upon complaining to UVC about outlet Cancun travel. They then contacted us to say they would not honor our vacation and they would refund us. They told us we had to contact our bank (American Express) and they would refund us in 30 - 45 days. After this didn't happen we called outlet Cancun travel back and they now refused to refund us our money for a vacation we never took.

We don't want to stay in a more premium resort.  All we wanted to do is for outlet Cancun travel to provide what they sold us and if they weren't going to do that simply refund our money. We purchased a vacation a secrets capri for 5 days, they told us that we could travel together (3 couples), for the "deal" we would have to sit thru a time share pitch at the secrets Capri resort. For that they would give is free airport transfers and 2 90 minute spa vouchers. Simple right? And if they didn't honor the deal they should refund us our money. Not fight Amex.

this has been going on since April and we still don't have a refund.

If they refund our money I will post it on here for all to see.... Until then buyer beware of outlet Cancun travel!!!

This is the actual story.

AUTHOR: Jdcancun1 - ()

It would be obvious to the general public that is a major company like ours was baiting and switching our valued guest there would be allot of more  negitive comments then just some cheap person trying to take advantage of a hard work legit organization. Its just simply wrong and to add to that American Express 100% refunds all transactions promptly and they are the preferred credit card to use for all travelers.

As the also protect companies from situations like this. Of course this happens to many Resorts and travel companies and unfortunately there is no way to protect the integrity of a business when someone gets disgruntled. We always try to resolve any problems that may arise. But it also takes understanding and fairness form the client.

Additional Party

AUTHOR: JaFa - ()

2 months ago myself and two friends purchased a package through Outlet Cancun Travel to come take a 4 night vacation at Secrets at a discounted rate if we were willing to sit through a presentation while we were there. We found this to be a great offer and were looking to forward to it. The email that we received about the package stated that we would receive 2 90 minute massages and airport transfers with the trip. When we called to book we did a 3- way call with two our group of 3 (the other party booked separately). After we booked we asked about how we redeem our massages and we were told that was for another resort and not Secrets (I still have the original email that does not say anything about being at select resorts). Then we were told a few days after we booked that we wouldn't be able to travel as a group. Another issue as to they knew when we paid that we were traveling as a group. After many calls back and forth to Outlet Cancun Travel the owner assured me that we could travel as a group and that he just paid Secrets or the UVC more money to allow that. During this conversation with the owner he told me that we were guaranteed to be staying at Secrets Capri. I also asked him if the presentation would be at Secrets Capri or at Maroma, because I had read online about a presentation at Secrets Maroma. He assured me it would be at Capri. When the UVC called to confirm our booking they asked me how my experience was with the booking process. I was honest and told them that they should watch the companies that they allow to represent them because they kept making false promises and would go back on them. I asked them if there were spa vouchers and they told me know. I was okay with that. Then they told me that we would either be staying at Capri or Silversands and would not know our final destination until we got closer to our booking. I told them that the owner assured me that we would be at Capri and they told me that their policy is either Capri or Silversands whatever is available closer to the date. I proceeded to ask them where the presentation would take place and they (the UVC) told me that it was at Maroma and only Maroma.

I called Outlet Cancun Travel back and voiced my displeasure. As a group we needed to decide what to do. We all still decided to go ahead with the trip and we would just add an additional night to make up the time that we would be missing by going back and forth to Maroma for a presentation. When I told Outlet Cancun Travel of our plans they told me that the UVC contacted them and would not honor our reservation. I honestly didnt know what to believe at this point. I never once displaced my frustration towards the UVC but I was honest with you about my displeasure with Outlet Cancun Travel.

Outlet Cancun Travel now gave us two options. 1. We could use the money we paid as a credit to book a vacation with them as a travel agent or 2. We could get a refund. After much speculation we decided on the refund. Mainly because we were afraid of more problems in the future.

Outlet Cancun Travel told us that in order to get the refund we would have to call our bank (credit card company) and tell them to request it from Outlet Cancun Travel's bank. Then we would be refunded within 30 days. 45 days later we were contacted by our credit card companies stating that Outlet Cancun Travel would not offer the refund.

We just got off of the phone with Outlet Cancun Travel and they said that they would not issue a refund (which they told us was one of our two options at the beginning of May). And instead we had a credit with them that we have 18 months to use. WE have already booked and payed for our vacations for the year through a reliable travel agent. I will not do business with them ever! Even if I have a credit for life.

My reason in writing this to you is to warn you about what is happening to the consumers that you are marketing to. I know that there is probably nothing that you can do to help us but you might want to not do business with an operation like Outlet Cancun Travel.