Complaint Review: Overhead Doors, Garage Door Service, Precission Garage Door

• Submitted: Fri, February 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 03, 2006

• Reported By:Prattville Alabama
Overhead Doors, Garage Door Service, Precission Garage Door
Overhead Doors Or Garage Door Services Prattville, Montgomery, Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Overhead Doors, Garage Door Service, Precission Garage Door ripoff Prattville Montgomery Birmingham Alabama, Florida

I contacted Overhead Doors of Alabama to schedule a repair to my garage door. Two individuals from Garage Door Services showed up and charged me $125.00 for a $20.00 drive gear kit to fix a broken gear in the Lift Master opener.

The repair did not work. 10 days later my door would not open and I noticed the same gear had broken. I called the company telephone number and they claimed not to have my work order.

Eventually, a person said he remembered the repairs and would come out to my house. After missing 6 days from work, waiting for them to arrive, they did not.

Finally, frustrated with this company, I called them and asked where their office was that I would like visit with them and discuss my broken door. They would not give me their address and when I insisted, they hung up on me.

Now the bad news... I searched the telephone book, yellow and white pages on the internet and various searches to find that Overhead Doors of Alabama used various other names, Captital City Garage Doors, Garage Door Services, Precission Garage Doors. Each failing to list their address.

So, to all those individuals in America wanting to install or repair a garage door, NOT to go with any company that does not have a listed address.

You can also go to ripoff.com and read other horror stories on garage door specialist with no fixed addresses.

I recommend you contact the company that makes your garage door opener and find who are the reliable companies that work with them.

Bill
Prattville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2006 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overhead-Doors-Garage-Door-Service-Precission-Garage-Door/Prattville-Montgomery-Birmingham-Alabama/Overhead-Doors-Garage-Door-Service-Precission-Garage-Door-ripoff-Prattville-Montgomery-B-174591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overhead Doors, Garage Door Service, Precission Garage Door