Complaint Review: Overland West Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, July 21, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2012

• Reported By: BullDog — Grand Rapids Michigan United States of America
Overland West Inc.
4550 Terminal Road, Suite 108 Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Overland West Inc. Hertz My Car Was Totalled and They Took Advantage of Me Rapid City, South Dakota

On the evening of Friday, June 22, my car was totalled in a hailstorm in South Dakota while I was on my way with 4 other passengers to Colorado. I went to the Hertz location on Saturday to rent a car, and was informed that although I was eligible for an insurance rental rate, I could not get it because it was after business hours. Given that I was in dire straits and needed a car, I agreed to the ridiculous terms.

I returned the vehicle to the Rapid City airport on Friday, June 29 and got yet another vehicle, from that same office, to return home with. That time, however, I DID get the benefit of the insurance rate and ended up paying around 1/2 of what I had been paying.

I asked multiple times and in multiple ways what the reason or rationale was for only allowing insurance rates during business hours. My insurance company also tried to intervene on my behalf and at no point was I ever given a satisfactory explanation. It makes no sense to me.

After I had been home for a few days, I actually tried to reach out to the Manager of the facility and he told me in no uncertain terms that neither he nor anyone else was going to help me.

I feel that I was unfairly taken advantage of when I had no other options and was thousands of miles from home after narrowly escaping a terrifying storm that traumatized all 5 of us in my car. I guess when you are stranded in South Dakota, you expect the companies to try to help. I know my insurance company did. I wish this company had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overland-West-Inc/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57703/Overland-West-Inc-Hertz-My-Car-Was-Totalled-and-They-Took-Advantage-of-Me-Rapid-City-Sou-915333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overland West Inc.