Complaint Review: Overstock Deals

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: KristinMNelson — Carnation Washington
Overstock Deals
9135 Ridgeline Blvd Ste 125 Highlands Ranch, Colorado USA

Overstock Deals Plumbing Depot Failed to return money after returing merchandise to them Highlands Ranch Colorado

*General Comment: Shipping...

Overstock deals AKA Plumbing Depot failed to provide refund even though I shipped the item back to them at their request. In the end I was without an item and out $580.

On September 16, 2013 I purchased a nickel plated shower fixture from the plumbing depot for approximately $580. Plumbing depot sent me the incorrect item (a brass shower fixture) and I requested to return it for credit. They indicated they would charge me a 15% restocking fee and sent me a return slip to include with the item. I returned the item via USPS to the cost of $57.00. After 2 months I contacted Plumbing Depot regarding my refund and they informed me that they had no record of ever recieving the item. They indicated I needed to provide proof of tracking in order to obtain a refund. I requested they review their return area but they did not respond to my request. I left two messages for supervisors but never recieved a call back. Now I am out the $580 I paid for the item and I don't have anything to show for it. They have both my money and the item in their disorganized warehouse and as they stated there is "nothing I can do about it".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overstock-Deals-/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-80129/Overstock-Deals-Plumbing-Depot-Failed-to-return-money-after-returing-merchandise-to-them-1116954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overstock Deals

#1 General Comment

Shipping...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You chose the MOST unsecure way to ship your product back. Had you used UPS or Fedex this issue would not have happend and if it did you would have been able to pull up a tracking number. I suspect that you chose the USPS because of the price. That is what has caused this issue. SnailMail is notoriuosly unreliable as depending on the time of year and which HUB its sent through may mean it really just doesnt arrive. Some of the stickest fingers work in the post office. If you do not wish to believe me then you can do your own research into the subject. Just Google "Missing mail usps" and read all the horror stories. It is WELL within the realm of possibility that they never recieved your package. How would you expect them to give you money back if they do not have the product. As far as they are concerned you must have changed your mind and kept the product. NOW its WAY TOO LATE to get a refund. Well beyond the usual 30day return window.